My spinal cord injury — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My spinal cord injury

Hi nice to meet you my name is Mark am 40 years old. Been in a wheelchair since I was 9 years old car accident. Am parylezed from the waist down and cannot feel nothing, but I get a lot of erections daily. It's easy for me to get a erection I don't smoke or drink eat healthy. I cannot ejaculate. Me and my younger partner would like to have a baby any ideas what we can do kind regards Mark

Comments

• thara
    thara Posts: 49 Courageous
    Hi there!!

My son has Spina Bifida (SB). It is a disability that also affects the spine although usually children with this birth defect have different levels of paralysis and symptoms. While my son is a wheelchair user other kids can walk independently and safely too. It depends on the level of the defect. My understanding is that SCI patients often have sexual issues. 
  • feir
    feir Community member Posts: 397 Pioneering
    Probably it will be some kind of in vitro assistance you will need to get pregnant? Maybe even with a donor if you're not producing sperm of they are of low quality, someone will probably test for that first.
    Have you even been to your GP to get referred to someone that could help?
  • PSHEexpert
    PSHEexpert Community member Posts: 170 Pioneering
    Hello! I would think it might require some medical intervention - my understanding is that speed csn be taken directly from the testicles and then, as @feir says, it would require some IVF process.  Have you talked with your doctor about it? 
    - Gill 

Brightness