Not technically clever, can't work site — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Not technically clever, can't work site

Options
newborn
newborn Community member Posts: 832 Pioneering
A)Scope sent message how to get notifications,  but inadvertently it is off, and won't accept change

B) I put several new topics, and I'm confident there was nothing wrong in them, but only 2 are there

C) serves me right for not previewing, but can you get back to edit eg punctuation or typo?

D) is there a way to view your own replies? Is that what notification does? 

E) will I never recover what I put down today and last night, as new post or as reply ? (Repeat, absolutely   nothing  that moderators would have wanted to block or remove.   )

F) is for Finally. Finally, where should I request info on a gadget rumoured to exist?
  It  can be fixed to the car handbrake, so that weaker wrists can pull it up just as firmly as strong 

PS. This is a brilliant site, thank you.

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @newborn   Pleased to meet you. Sorry what has happened.

Have you read our community guide.

Need may I suggest have a look gives you how to do everything.

Down the bottom of the posts and specific information.  Black bit has community guide how to do everything.

Understand took me ages to do anything, have IT skills . Not very good so I went on the community guide. Very simple created a guide for me.

In an exercise book my notes how to do everything. Then I can refer to it.  Anytime. I am like you my friend anything technie.  Rubbish awful embarrassing.

My adventures with my new car got all buttons and gadgets galore took me a fortnight to work everything out.

When you read the community guide that I hope may help you.

Trial and error. Still lose stuff.  Been on here a year. So I know gets to you.

I know I would get into knots trying to explain everything to you to make it simple.

So do this for everything make the guide your own and try to adapt it for you. Just a suggestion, recipes, etc.

Got rid of the guide now know how to do everything, still some days.

Please take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • newborn
    Options
    Thank you. How good of you. 
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @newborn   Thanks for reply. All helps. Pleasure to meet you .

I wanted to add we are all here to help and advise anytime.

My little tip on doing your own guide do that for everything, recipes lately. Cannot read the words half the time. Large print on the computer.

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @newborn and welcome to the community.

A) at the top of the screen in the right hand column is your name, under this is four icons, the last one is looks like a cog. On the new screen 3rd option down is the notification panel link.

B) This can be very frustrating, if you have noticed the post has not appeared you can try using the back button on your browser to see if you can get it back.

C) You can edit up to 1 hour after you post, sorry cannot remember what the icon looks like, but it will be on your post and not others.

D) If you want to view previous replies you have done click on your name on the right hand column, in the right hand column of the new screen are a number of options including viewing discussions you have started as well as any replies you have made. Notifications normally tells you when someone else has posted.

E) probably not at this point. If it happens a lot you may find it easier to type your posts in a text editor, like Word, and copy and paste into the box. Then if it does not appear you have a copy.

F) Disability aids and equipment. If you scroll to the bottom of the screen you will find a list of all the different discussion areas, just click on the one you want. Please don't worry too much where you post, if you put in the wrong place or staff member believes you will get a better response in another area they will move it for you and let you know.

Hope this helps

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• newborn
    Options
    Thanks for kind replies

Brightness