PiP appeal pending - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PiP appeal pending

Options
2»

Comments

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Talking of idiotic examples, 44 tonne lorry cuts into my lane without warning, I cannot change lane because vehicles are (illegally) doing 100+ mph either side of me - any driver however competent would be dead, if you have nowhere to go and that happens, there's nothing can be done to avoid it.

Complete rubbish, of course there are actions, called being proactive and concentrating. on the road and all vehicles around you at all time. It would appear that you have not done very much driving on the M25,M1, M6 or even the A1M. What I have described is an every day occurrence. Finding yourself in that position you should have already seen the slight movement to the right  of the lorry's front offside wheel making it absolutely clear in your mind what was likely to happen in the next 30 secs. In that time you have the choice of braking gently so as to fall back behind the lorry or if appropriate and enough space, to accelerate to get in front of the lorry. To find yourself in a sandwich with no where to go is simply down to the lack of concentration and quick thinking.
    That particular issue used to happen every week on the motorways in Kent when I was driving especially with the high level of foreign registered lorries heading to or from the port of Dover or Tunnel.

Driving in the outside or middle lane at just under 100mph is as normal today as it was to drive at 70mph on single lane country lanes. 
  • april123
    april123 Community member Posts: 137 Pioneering
    Options
    It's not what you say with PIP it's how you say it you have the right to ask how they worked out your walking ability use the reliability and safety  creteria you need to be able to complete what they say you can do. Could you do it regularly and in a timely manner. These are areas you need to look at and use them to fit your needs. I had to learn this my self they won't care about lorrysl and plans they although I know your trying to get your point across. But use there guidelines to make points hope this helps good luck xx

• Grumpy1954
    Grumpy1954 Community member Posts: 46 Courageous
    Options
    Yadnad said:

Talking of idiotic examples, 44 tonne lorry cuts into my lane without warning, I cannot change lane because vehicles are (illegally) doing 100+ mph either side of me - any driver however competent would be dead, if you have nowhere to go and that happens, there's nothing can be done to avoid it.

Complete rubbish, of course there are actions, called being proactive and concentrating. on the road and all vehicles around you at all time. It would appear that you have not done very much driving on the M25,M1, M6 or even the A1M. What I have described is an every day occurrence. Finding yourself in that position you should have already seen the slight movement to the right  of the lorry's front offside wheel making it absolutely clear in your mind what was likely to happen in the next 30 secs. In that time you have the choice of braking gently so as to fall back behind the lorry or if appropriate and enough space, to accelerate to get in front of the lorry. To find yourself in a sandwich with no where to go is simply down to the lack of concentration and quick thinking.
    That particular issue used to happen every week on the motorways in Kent when I was driving especially with the high level of foreign registered lorries heading to or from the port of Dover or Tunnel.

Driving in the outside or middle lane at just under 100mph is as normal today as it was to drive at 70mph on single lane country lanes. 
    You have no idea how much time I have spent on motorways and the A1M. The situation you described was pretty much a no win. YOU stated the conditions, the lorry cut across with no warning, traffic around was doing over 100 mph, so braking would not have been wise under the conditions YOU gave. I have indeed been in that position many times, and not had a problem, I watch the traffic, allow for idiots - at this stage assuming you're one, as you set ridiculous situations then try to change the rules to prove how right and superior you are - guess what I don't give a toss how superior you think you are, you've not helped one bit  and instead have nit picked and found fault with everything I've said. I'm beginning to wonder if you even drive - 70 mph is still the limit, and although people do speed, it is by no means normal for them all to be doing over 100 mph. and, for the record, I don't believe in the "no win" situation. I like driving fast, but there is a time and a place for it. I'm also very aware of everything in a 360 degree bubble around me that could impinge on my travel. 
    Now, use your allegedly wonderful powers of concentration and tell me what common road gesture I am making to you now... then don't bother replying any more as you are posting nothing worth reading.
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I've closed this discussion. Please remember our house rules

Whilst you are welcome to disagree with posts on the online community but please make sure that you comment on the content - and not the contributor. Personal attacks are not allowed on the community.
This discussion has been closed.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.