DWP phone call? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DWP phone call?

Options
LittleGizmo86
LittleGizmo86 Community member Posts: 79 Courageous
Hi guys,

As mentioned in previous posts im currently waiting on an MR for a PIP application (been about 4 weeks).

I have received a missed call from a private number and am thinking it is possibly the DWP?

The issue is i am severely deaf and cant speak on the phone. I use the next generation text service to make calls. The DWP know this and it says in on my application, in my evidence and on my file from previous calls made?

If it was them why in gods name would they then phone me knowing i cant answer?

I dont want to phone them to ask if it was them as it might sound daft and the NGT service is a long winded way to find out it wasnt them lol.

Has anyone not answered when they have called before making a decision? What will happen if you dont speak to them before a decision is made? Will they say no?

Im hoping they realised afterwards that i cant answer and dont bother again.

Thank :)

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,

I was called by the decision maker during my review. It was to ask me 1 question, i answered and he said thank you, you'll have a decision in the next 7 working days. This wasn't a MR decision either. ( it wasn't a private or with held number that rang me). I also had calls during my daughters PIP claim because of all the issues i had and not one call was from a private or withheld number. Chances are it wasn't DWP.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Mumof2ds
    Mumof2ds Community member Posts: 147 Pioneering
    Options
    I have logged the DWP number into my phone from my call log when I have rung them previously. 

ImI sure it wouldntw be a witheld number, and as you are noted for struggling greatly on the phone, or sorry not being able to use the phone, through your file and documents, they would I very much hope make allowence for that. 

Good luck. Keep us updated.

I have progressive hearing losses, but manage conversations easier with my bone conducting headphones, As calls can be overwhelming some days otherwise. 

I was bought my bone conducting headphones through Hi Kent hearing loss Charity for my 50 th Birthday from our sons. Great invention! Bypasses the ear entirely! 

P x
    Politeness costs nothing, but goes a long way in life. 
     Always look out for each other. Be kind. 
     Hugs and smiles mean the world. XX 
  • LittleGizmo86
    LittleGizmo86 Community member Posts: 79 Courageous
    Options
    Hi guys thank for the replies.

Ive seen several posts on here where people received DWP calls from private number? Maybe they changed things then and it isnt the phew lol :)

@Mumof2ds thank you for that suggestion i shall look into that ta :)
  • Mumof2ds
    Mumof2ds Community member Posts: 147 Pioneering
    Options
    LittleGizmo86 - depends upon your hearing losses, and what is causing your losses, but the bone conducting headphones, sit comfortably over my ears in a band horizontally around the back of my head, and speakers rest on my temples, so these vibrate through my bones rather than ears, which is very helpful, as it allows me to still have music or take calls on my mobile without taking my hearing aids out. XX 
    Politeness costs nothing, but goes a long way in life. 
     Always look out for each other. Be kind. 
     Hugs and smiles mean the world. XX 
  • Rosie2017
    Rosie2017 Community member Posts: 49 Courageous
    Options
    Hi I have had phone calls from DWP with a withheld number. If they can't contact you by phone they should write to you.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Rosie2017 said:
    Hi I have had phone calls from DWP with a withheld number. If they can't contact you by phone they should write to you.
    Should is the operative word - they never do.
    I have received these types of phone call from the DWP and every time I have told them that I do not discuss financial and personal issues over the telephone and would like a letter instead.
    I have never had any letter - so to be honest I have no idea what the intended content was when they telephoned. 
    I am a great believer in that if it is that important for them to ring then it is just as important that they write to me. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.