PIP appeals- CAB no longer helping - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP appeals- CAB no longer helping

2»

Comments

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi all does any one know if I had a social fund payment over 6 years ago, are the dwp able to take this back from my daily living component back pay thanks .
    I agree with Mike, they cannot deduct repayments from a disability based benefit.

On the other hand how far down the road are you with repaying this debt? Six years is a long time to have a social fund debt outstanding. Maybe you could talk to them and arrange a voluntary payment arrangement.
  • Mumof2ds
    Mumof2ds Community member Posts: 147 Pioneering
    Congratulations on the appeal. Shame the CAB couldn't  be with you, but sounds you did really well under the circumstances, I am sure having your son there, boosted you mentally either way. XX 
    Politeness costs nothing, but goes a long way in life. 
     Always look out for each other. Be kind. 
     Hugs and smiles mean the world. XX 
  • scouser1977
    scouser1977 Community member Posts: 14 Connected
    Okay hi all I have totally confused myself, I first applied for pip on the 8th may 2017, was refused so I appealed the decision, an just last week went to court, an was awarded daily living component from 8 May 2017 till 8 May 2020, so does my back pay start from 8 May 2017 or from the day I went to court thanks 
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.