Length of pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Length of pip

8954 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
I dont no if it right or not ive read when you have reached 65 you will get pip all the time with out a review

Comments

• keenkats
    keenkats Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    I read something about that today on fightback! You are entitled to pip at 65. Look up "fightback" on facebook and you can find all the information on there.

Im getting pip already ive been on it for 6 years  It was on google that after 65 you dont need a review you get it all the time i dont no if this is rubbish or true
    Thanks keenkats
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi, No, that's not true for PIP. There's no lifetime awards for PIP like there was for DLA. The longest award length is 10 years ongoing. You will continue to be reviewed, what ever your age. 65 is no exemption unfortunately.

PIP was only introduced in April 2013 so it's impossible for you to have been claiming it for 6 years.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Based on the statistics the average length of a PIP award falls in the category 2 to 4 years whatever age you are 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.