Recent experience with Atos Assessments (mental health) — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Recent experience with Atos Assessments (mental health)

JazCo
JazCo Community member Posts: 48 Courageous
edited August 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA

I got a booklet through the post with Atos's new branding name. The booklet goes on about how their assessors are not only physical health trained but also mental health trained. How you will be treated with dignity and respect. How they understand fully how it can be difficult to explain. How you can request to see what is being written in the assessment DURING. And so on.

So I was wondering if anyone has recently had an assessment (and potentially result) for claiming PIP for mental health (anxiety/agoraphobia/depressive fluctuations) and can highlight their experiences. Seeing as the DWP is claiming they have pushed these companies to drastically improve their service and are under pressure now by the courts to consider mental health as equally as physical. I was wanting to see if people's experiences do seem to have been improving and more people are getting their correct allowances without having to appeal now than in 2017 and before.

Comments

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Well I do hope that the current assessments bear no relationship to what has happened up until the early part of this year.
    All I can say is that in my case the assessor found 14 reasons why I don't have and never have had any mental illness problems.

Strange really that when I presented their finding to my psychiatrist he just laughed and said that they would not get a job in the NHS dealing with mentally ill patients.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @JazCo, thank you for sharing this with us!
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.