RESPECT - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

RESPECT

13»

Comments

• susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2018
    @Topkitten, glad to have you back.

Iv just read another post, in which I did comment about the negativity, and more comments where made but I’m definitely not getting dragged into an online ******* competition. Excuse the phrase. 

Hope your ok 
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    Thank you for asking @susan48 but as things are generally bad and I am not adapting well at the moment it's probably best if I avoid answering that particular question right now, lol!

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @sweet, you can find out more about the community team here but generally speaking, look for 'Scope' in their username!
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @sweet   Pleased to meet you .

In reply to your question if you have a look at the community guide . That tells you advice regarding posts and what to put on. What you cannot say or add.

Moderators are SCOPE staff. As you have seen.  There names around the forum.

I was asked to be one of the Community Champions. Which is a role involving greets and meets welcoming new members.  On to the forum. Answering what queries, questions I can do.

Also flagging up posts that do not confirm to SCOPE rules.

Please if you think a post is not conforming to SCOPE rules and guidelines. Please flag it up.  Understand the need for respect.

I am on here all the time well much as I can be. We want the forum to be a happy positive and safe place.

I have been on here a year gone and love my community. Hate being outside in the society who does not care about us.

Here we can support each other, be supportive with kindness, sensitivity I hope .

Pleasure to meet you.

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 90 Listener
    Hello @sweet   Pleased to meet you .

In reply to your question if you have a look at the community guide . That tells you advice regarding posts and what to put on. What you cannot say or add.

Moderators are SCOPE staff. As you have seen.  There names around the forum.

I was asked to be one of the Community Champions. Which is a role involving greets and meets welcoming new members.  On to the forum. Answering what queries, questions I can do.

Also flagging up posts that do not confirm to SCOPE rules.

Please if you think a post is not conforming to SCOPE rules and guidelines. Please flag it up.  Understand the need for respect.

I am on here all the time well much as I can be. We want the forum to be a happy positive and safe place.

I have been on here a year gone and love my community. Hate being outside in the society who does not care about us.

Here we can support each other, be supportive with kindness, sensitivity I hope .

Pleasure to meet you.

Take care

@thespiceman
    thank y@thespiceman i have noted you and your good advice to others

• bevt2017
    bevt2017 Community member Posts: 324 Pioneering
    Hi @susan48

I've not been on for a while.
    Doesn't surprise me unfortunately.

Hope your well ?

I couldn't have put it better myself @thespiceman ?
    Thank you for all your support and kind words.

Take care 
  • susan48
    @bevt2017, it’s sad really.

Im doing ok and hope you are too.

• fishingmum
    fishingmum Community member Posts: 562 Pioneering
    @susan48 just been informed that the rolling eye emoji is the closest to sarcasm they can get, but I don't know how to do that lol
    life is too short to let others make you miserable.
  • susan48
    ? it’s on my iPad so not sure how you do it either lol
  • fishingmum
    I am on a computer so can only access the little box above the comment section and there are not many to choose from. never mind I will think of a way maybe *sarcasm alert* will have to be typed in hahaha
  • susan48
    Is there not something before my post, I put in an eye rolling emoji? 
    If not the sarcasm alert sounds great lol 
  • fishingmum
    Is that what that one is? it looks like someone pulling an oh really face but I don't know how to copy it lol, will have to wait till my children come back so I can find out lol.
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
  • AlisonNetty
    AlisonNetty Community member Posts: 192 Pioneering
    It's just a shame that people can't nice to one another, there is too much nastiness in this world. I have depression and I take things to heart so I get upset really quickly, I hate it being like this. I'm on all sorts of tablets for my ailments. and I'm sure my anti-depression isn't working. Being nice to one another doesn't hurt you... and it makes the other person feel worth while. 
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @AlisonNetty Well said.  I agree totally with what you are saying.  As part of this community never understand why it is we can all be polite, kind and be supportive.

Every body has a view and opinion yet we are in a need to agree to respect that person who has said it.

Even though may find it difficult to understand.  May not be in agreement and feel need to express.

Have and do not understand any one being nasty and harsh.

Please can I ask how are you coping with your mental health?. Is there any thing I can do or advise or suggest.?

I just have anxiety and depression and do know it is a struggle.

Always here anytime.

One of the aspects of my mental health is to put into place things I like. Give me some sunshine if I can from the misery of my issues.  Hope to lift my moods and give me some relief.

I use coping strategies and methods learnt from enrolling from my time with being in mental health charities.

Have look on line.

Something to consider. Does help and they can advise on medication as well.  Among other things they can deal with like sleep and diet plus looking at ways to have an equal balance of your illness.

Medication does take some time and I would always suggest speak to your Doctor.  Understand that and had to up the dose.

Used a lot of the time being on here supporting those like yourself.

Being educated and learning what effects you mentally and physically is important to know who and how to cope.  Even to the point got health qualifications after thinking about what effects me.

Got sorted with addiction, diet and other aspects of my life.

Use diaries and planner make coping boxes. Use a corner of my room I am in . Have things that help. Favourite poems, books and pieces of music.  Radio Classic FM.

Plus my favourite recipes and foods in store.

It is never easy day to day and I have bad days like every body else. Regardless of how much I try to deal with it.

Over the years there is never one true answer to the mental health issues but what there is ways to ease the problems and issues . Of mental health.

I hope that helps and gives you reassurance. You are not alone.  Want to talk always here ready to listen anytime.

Please take care and pleasure to meet you.

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    I hate it whenever I get angry on here as I too view this as a safe haven 

Brightness