Award changes? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Award changes?

april123
april123 Community member Posts: 137 Pioneering
So award been upgraded from standard mob standard and DL  enhanced do 18/21 review 20. Year before runs out.
reconsideration upgraded both enhanced  contact 14 weeks before end date.
What's the difrence which Is best.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,348 Disability Gamechanger
    Contacting you 14 weeks before the end date means there's no review. When they send you the letter 14 weeks before they will ask if you want to continue claiming PIP then you must ring to ask for the forms to be sent. The forms they send won't be the shortened version, they will be the full forms. If a decision isn't made by the time your end date arrives your PIP will stop. If a decision goes in your favour you'll be back dated to the date it stopped. If a decision is made before the end date and it's in your favour you will of course have a new award date.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • april123
    Thankyou @poppy123456 doI have to start from scratch ? If they left if and contact 12 months before would this of been better ? They stopped appeal and enhanced mobility then changed review type should I ring and qurry or leave alone ?

• poppy123456
    As they are contacting you 3 months before your award ends then yes it will be a new claim with the same forms you filled out the first time you applied. The only difference with this is they don't contact you 1 year before the award is due to end. In a way i think i would prefer that because if when you're review comes you're refused your money will stop regardless of the award not being due to end until the following year. With this award that you have if the worst does happen and you're not awarded it next time then you wouldnt have lost as much as you could have if it was a review.

Alot of Tribunal decisions give awards with end dates like this, it seems like DWP did the same when they offered you the award before the Tribunal. I'd leave well alone, you have Enhanced on both and you can't get higher than that.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • april123
    @susan48 did they change your review type I'm intrigued as lenghl is still 3 years just noticed difference.

• poppy123456
    The length is still 3 years but now you don't have a review 1 year before it's due to end. Better, for sure in my opinion.
  • april123
    I have moved from DLA across to pip so not sure how it all works still sorting out Backpage for mobility car. Again thankyou @poppy123456 I will definitely leave alone xx
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Don’t mess with this. This is good news. Do remember that you are on the top possible rate of mobility. 
  • april123
    @April2018mom thankyou I am leaving well alone.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.