I want to hear about difficulties others experience when communicating with non disabled — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I want to hear about difficulties others experience when communicating with non disabled

margaret_rose66
margaret_rose66 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I want to hear about difficulties others experience when communicating with non disabled

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @margaret_rose66   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for sharing  Hope we can be supportive and understanding.

We are a friendly community . Care and Share.

Lots of new friends. Advice, information.

Ask the community anything some one ready to listen.

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @margaret_rose66 and a warm welcome to the community! Please do have a look around and let me know if there is anything that I can help with. I know I sometimes have difficulties communicating with others if I am unsure they are looking at me, or if the communication is non- verbal (I am partially sighted)
    Scope

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @margaret_rose66

Welcome! I am deaf in both ears and partially sighted, communication can be exhausting especially when I meet new people. I don't know much sign language and some people don't take time to speak slowly and clearly for me to understand which ends up leaving me frustrated. Luckily I have supportive family and friends around me who try anyway possible to help me understand. Do you have any communication issues?

Ami. :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019

Brightness