Pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip

farah886
farah886 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
 in need of some advice. I have bipolar and emotionally unstable personality disorder, panic and anxiety disorder and other MH problems. I was getting dla since 2003 mid and low rate, last year pip pushed to get me on it and i had a meeting with an assessor my cpn attended with me. The assessor was soo rude and patronizing that it made me ill (i tryed to kill my self after).
They i scored 8 points in total, asked for MR and got only 2 points so i took it to court. After over a year on 6/8/18 i won my case in court. Today i found out they are going to appeal the courts dissition. I cant take much more m already self harming and suicidal i dnt go out im constantly on watch frm family n friends and MH cpn's i cant do this any more...... Why do they put ppl with MH problems threw this. I have enough to deal with with my mum having cancer and my self with havin the genie. .... Is there anythink that can b done to help...... I have to fight to live atm every day n the presure of all this it tipping me ova the edge. 

Sorry for long post n spelling

Comments

• blueboy87
    blueboy87 Community member Posts: 69 Courageous
    Hi I myself have bipolar and clinical depression my psychiatrist said no one knows what’s going on in someone else’s head you must feel at times you don’t even know fight your case and I hope you win 
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Have DWP said at this stage that they are actually going to appeal?  Or have they just said they are going to ask for a statement of reasons?  It is rare for DWP to actually appeal - though it can happen
  • farah886
    Blueboy87 every day is a struggle. But the presure of this is takin its toll. Il b fighting till the end with support frm cpn and a friend/ family. And i wish i cud show them wot gose on in my head every day a million times aday.  Iv already won the tribunal and got standard on both but they r now gonna appeal the courts dissision 
  • blueboy87
    Fingers crossed and good luck I think people with mh problems are classed as weak 
  • farah886
    Matilda they r pushing for it to be over turned. Iv been told to wait till i get my post. Dnt know wot that means but i said to day i thought it was all over the women said oooh no its far from over. 
  • blueboy87
    Hopefully as the saying goes all good things come to those that wait
  • farah886
    Blueboy87 i know we r looked at like we have two heads n made to feel worthless. . if only they lived in our heads they wud c we are nt weak or broken.  
  • blueboy87
    You couldn’t have worded that any better
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    farah886 said:
    Blueboy87 every day is a struggle. But the presure of this is takin its toll. Il b fighting till the end with support frm cpn and a friend/ family. And i wish i cud show them wot gose on in my head every day a million times aday.  Iv already won the tribunal and got standard on both but they r now gonna appeal the courts dissision 
    As @Matilda has previously asked. Have the DWP actually said they are going to appeal or have they just said they are asking for the Statement of reasons?

As it's only been 2 weeks since your hearing i would think they've just said they're asking for the statement of reasons, they do have 28 days to ask for this and they're within that time.  It's doesn't mean they're appealing. To be able to appeal they must first find an error in law and this will take time.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • farah886
    Poppy123456. I was told to wait for the post. Very rude on phone. I said i thought it was over... She said its far from over.  Il wait n see wot the letter in post says. But thanks. I just hope i dnt need to attend another court. 
  • poppy123456
    I would have rang again to speak to someone else. They can't just appeal, they need to request the statement of reasons first.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • farah886
    Hi Poppy123456. I hope thats what they mean. For now il have to wait as calling them only makes my moods and anxietys worse.  thanks for the info. Is it something to worrie about 
  • Charli
    Charli Community member Posts: 51 Courageous
    Can your con not help with phone calls I have to fight for my husbands pip as we used to have a con but due to budget cuts there aren’t any in our area anymore 
  • Charli
    Sorry predictive text went haywire meant cpn not con
  • Charli
    They only come out in crisis situations where my husband used to have a home visit every week off his cpn
  • poppy123456
    At this stage i'd say it's nothing to worry about.
  • farah886
    Charli atm my cpn has taken a week leave. I dnt trust many within MH service she deals with alot of my calls .. Just happend the week she is off this happens.

Its the same here for my area they r cuttin there lists short and moving cpn's. Its shockin . weres the money the gov prommised in to MH ... I dnt see it . i c only cutts. Even the hospital is packed.
  • Charli
    I know what you mean about trusting people my husband has a really hard time dealing with people if I didn’t fight for him, he definitely wouldn’t have been able to deal with all the stress that pip causes as it’s really getting me down
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    farah886 said:
    Charli atm my cpn has taken a week leave. I dnt trust many within MH service she deals with alot of my calls .. Just happend the week she is off this happens.

Its the same here for my area they r cuttin there lists short and moving cpn's. Its shockin . weres the money the gov prommised in to MH ... I dnt see it . i c only cutts. Even the hospital is packed.
    I spent years in a Mental Health Day Centre apart from the times when I was under section. It was a fantastic place fully fitted out with everything you could imagine, want and need. 
    When I was told that it would have to close due to financial cuts to the mental health department we were all assured that we would get the same care and help in the community and mainly from MIND. 

Result, I ended up substituting the care I was having with alcohol and mixing it with my meds - hence was sectioned again for attempting to burn down a house with me in it. Never did see anyone from MIND, never had any further professional help from that day to this other than from my GP who is unable to give me what I need. I have had to get better on my own through trial and error.

The day centre is now a large walk in med centre.
  • farah886
    Yadnad. Its a shame to think in this day and age wen MH is on the up the services are being slashed by gov.... Failing  millions.  My town had day centers that have now been closed and in recent weeks we have had a rise in deaths..  Hope u are well. ?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.