Pip assessments and lies — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip assessments and lies

blueboy87
blueboy87 Community member Posts: 69 Courageous
when my brother in law had his assessment I was with him the assessor was a nurse what was said in the assessment was totally different when he got his outcome how can someone who has seen you for 30 minutes really know the extent of their problems

Comments

• Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    Sorry you've gone through this charade.

One answer to this. They don't and they always presume your fine it's all about cost cutting. Nothing more. It would take weeks for them to really understand how your suffering not 10 minutes or 30 minutes.

The honest answer is they don't care nor understand how will all have to live on a daily basis
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• Mikey44
    Mikey44 Community member Posts: 74 Courageous
    Unfortunately I also had a Nurse who would not view the evidence as to my sight loss and after the assessment she said I have PERFECT VISION but doctors have Registered me as Partially Blind !!!! She has basically said that she knows better than Optimologists from my Hospital and an expert in Moorfields Hospital and cancelled my Higher Rate PIP and put me back to Standard PIP I am in the middle of waiting for my Tribunal so fingers crossed
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    You must complain to the company who carried out your acessment, if you gave surporting evidence about your sight. The acessor must and has to be investigated by her employers the sooner the DWP records the acessments the better but sadly it will not stop acessor from not reading surporting evidence and recording it apropreately. We also must take, give and ask and insist that the accessor reads the supporting evidence for our claim.
  • Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    Its a bit dificult to try to get someone to read. And take in infomation.
    If they are determined they armt going to.
    We can only show them our evudence 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 8 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Mikey44 said:
    Unfortunately I also had a Nurse who would not view the evidence as to my sight loss and after the assessment she said I have PERFECT VISION but doctors have Registered me as Partially Blind !!!! She has basically said that she knows better than Optimologists from my Hospital and an expert in Moorfields Hospital and cancelled my Higher Rate PIP and put me back to Standard PIP I am in the middle of waiting for my Tribunal so fingers crossed
    She probably made an innocent error whilst writing up the report.
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Have you tried local authority welfare rights?

If you are turned down for PIP again, it is worth appealing despite the hassle as 71% of appeals win.
  • [Deleted User]
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    When you requested the MR you should have concentrated on where you think you should have scored those points and why. Instead, it seems like you concentrated on the lies that were told. DWP would not be interested in any lies that you think were told. They will only be interested in facts and it's your responsibility to prove that those descriptors apply to you.

It always baffles me when people get their local MP involved in a PIP refusal when most likely their MP knows very little if anything about the PIP descriptors and exactly what they mean. There's a lot more to PIP than walking and moving your limbs.

Why on earth would you let someone in your house without asking to see their I.D and knowing their name. :#

Constantly re-apply for PIP isn't the answer because they'll most likely keep refusing you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User]
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Matilda said:
    Have you tried local authority welfare rights?

If you are turned down for PIP again, it is worth appealing despite the hassle as 71% of appeals win.
    ….but only if you have a qualified legal representative helping you. Those who do it themselves without help have a success rate of just under 50%
  • [Deleted User]

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.