Pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip

Options
freddie1
freddie1 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
I have applied for pip and need help getting in and out of the bath putting socks and shoes on I get out of breath can't walk very far. I got my letter today saying I got no points for my copd

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,008 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Even if you had scored points for washing and bathing and dressing and undressing, what you described above won't be enough to get you an award for daily living.

For mobility, telling them you can't walk very far won't score you any points either.

You have 28 days to request the MR but you need further advise as what you stated above won't be enough for an award. Speak to your local CAB or other disability advise centre.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • freddie1
    freddie1 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Options
    Thanks I will go into my cab as they filled out my pip  form 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    freddie1 said:
    Thanks I will go into my cab as they filled out my pip  form 
    Given what the poster has said and the fact that the CAB filled out the claim form, going back I would think is a non starter.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.