Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.


freddie1 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
I have applied for pip and need help getting in and out of the bath putting socks and shoes on I get out of breath can't walk very far. I got my letter today saying I got no points for my copd


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,302 Disability Gamechanger

    Even if you had scored points for washing and bathing and dressing and undressing, what you described above won't be enough to get you an award for daily living.

    For mobility, telling them you can't walk very far won't score you any points either.

    You have 28 days to request the MR but you need further advise as what you stated above won't be enough for an award. Speak to your local CAB or other disability advise centre.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • freddie1
    freddie1 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Thanks I will go into my cab as they filled out my pip  form 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    freddie1 said:
    Thanks I will go into my cab as they filled out my pip  form 
    Given what the poster has said and the fact that the CAB filled out the claim form, going back I would think is a non starter.

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.