Do PIP take into account oxford knee score? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Do PIP take into account oxford knee score?

jules13
jules13 Community member Posts: 63 Connected
just getting more evidence to support my appeal (MR) do PIP take into account the oxford knee score questionnaire I did at the consultants office? Thanks :-)

Comments

• Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    Cant wait to find out what this is !
  • jules13

The Oxford Knee Score (OKS) is a Patient Reported Outcome questionnaire that was developed to specifically assess the patient's perspective of outcome following Total Knee Arthroplasty. The OKS has subsequently been validated for use in assessing other non-surgical therapies applied to those suffering from issues with the knee.[1] The OKS consists of twelve questions covering function and pain associated with the knee. It was designed and developed by researchers within the department of Public Health and Primary Health Care[2] at the University of Oxford in association with surgical colleagues at the Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre.[3] The benefit to this questionnaire is that it is short, practical, reliable, valid and sensitive to clinically important changes over time.[4]

The Oxford Knee Score is owned, managed and supported by Isis Outcomes, an activity within Isis Innovation Ltd, the Technology Transfer Company for the University of Oxford.

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Any self assessed assessment such as this or the depression & anxiety ones are exactly that - the patient's own assessment.
    Additional evidence would be required to support these types of assessment as well as the impact the issues cause on a daily basis. 
  • jules13
    Yadnad said:
    Any self assessed assessment such as this or the depression & anxiety ones are exactly that - the patient's own assessment.
    Additional evidence would be required to support these types of assessment as well as the impact the issues cause on a daily basis. 
    That’s a shame as the consultant had included it in their letter to the GP. Feel like I’m loosing at this :-(
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    jules13 said:
    Yadnad said:
    That’s a shame as the consultant had included it in their letter to the GP. Feel like I’m loosing at this :-(
    Of course it will be recorded and copied to the GP. But the fact still remains that it is a self assessed score. 
    I have filled in dozens of the Depression & Anxiety ones so much so that it would be so easy to manipulate the diagnosis. Should the DWP be accepting such a document as evidence knowing that?
  • jules13
    Ah ok, sorry to ask so many questions it’s just hard to find any more evidence to send off as I haven’t seen a medical professional since my f2f and they have all my hospital letters/paper work leading up to it. 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    PIP acessments are accessing the claiments abilities to fit the descriptors laid down in the PIP acessment procedure. You the claiment are being accessed as what you can or can not do, and why not, and the accessor will and does award points according to your answers given or your abilities proven at the acessment regardless of any medical evidence submitted with your application form or at your acessment. There are exceptions where the acessment is paper based where the medical evidence is so proven of the claiments inabilities to do or meet the descriptors that an award is based and given on the evidence submitted with the applecation. The acessor on completing the acessment writes a reports and recommendations, opions which are sent to the decision maker at DWP who usually awards the PIP award using the acessment report for guidance.
  • jules13
    @wilko I know this, I was adviced to send in my evidence with my application, which I did, all 147 pages lol as my problem isn’t as clean cut and there is operations I can have but they will then cause different problems etc etc. But I haven’t been awarded what I and my doctor thought I would be, and when I phoned up about my MR I was told by the phone handler that the more evidence I can send the better, I’m merely asking if they would consider this as the consultant had written to the GP stating my condition is getting worse and my oxford knee score was this, I’m just wondering if it’s worse getting a copy of said score
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    You need to seek proper advice from cab or welfare rights.
  • jules13
    You need to seek proper advice from cab or welfare rights.
    Thank you x 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    You need to put the MR request in writing stating what you disagree with and where you think you should have scored those points and why. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Pin
    Pin Community member Posts: 139 Pioneering
    Good luck  <3 don’t apologise for asking questions, it’s exacyly what the forum is for.
  • jules13
    Pin said:
    Good luck  <3 don’t apologise for asking questions, it’s exacyly what the forum is for.
    Thank you xxx

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.