Assesors report and points — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Assesors report and points

Saracen
Saracen Community member Posts: 66 Pioneering
Hi all 
new to this site but I am really worried had a pip assessment 2 weeks ago and was told by cab to ring for a copy of my of the assessors report  which I did on Friday and the women said allow 10 days to receive it low and behold delivered Saturday at 10 am less than 20 hours after I asked wow.

now to my point i was told by cab to read the report and look at the descriptors and look which answers the assessor had ticked then look on the internet at the descriptors point this will give you some idea of the points you got .

now i done this and according to the assessor i got 13 for care and 20 mobility now back to my friend he told me the decision maker would only take advise from this assessor and could award me 0 points on both is this correct really panicking now .
sarry21

Comments

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Saracen said:
    Hi all 
    .........now i done this and according to the assessor i got 13 for care and 20 mobility now back to my friend he told me the decision maker would only take advise from this assessor and could award me 0 points on both is this correct really panicking now .
    sarry21
    All I can say is that you have a very pessimistic friend.
    I'm not going to say that the decision maker will not mark your points down, but you are almost likely to get Enhanced Care & Mobility and if I had a tenner here I'll put that on as a cert.
  • Saracen
    Oh thank yadnad I hope you are right i am so worried even my own told me she cant understand that why they put us through weeks of waiting and make our illnesses worse with just my mental health issues  as well as various other major illnesses i told her that even if i do get it i immediately start worrying about the next time but i am so gratefull for your help thank you again yadnad   

• Yadnad
    Saracen said:
    Oh thank yadnad I hope you are right i am so worried even my own told me she cant understand that why they put us through weeks of waiting and make our illnesses worse with just my mental health issues  as well as various other major illnesses i told her that even if i do get it i immediately start worrying about the next time but i am so gratefull for your help thank you again yadnad   

When you made the claim did you ask that any award given should be for a minimum of 10 years?

If not don't worry just let us know what you get and as important how long for.
  • blueboy87
    blueboy87 Community member Posts: 69 Courageous
    Hi@yadnad just wonder if you could give me some advice my brother in law had his assessment he has never been able to use a knife food is cut up for him this was said at the assessment I also help him to get dressed as he is unable to bend to put pants and socks assessor said he could dress himself with an aide I could go on and on when his case goes to appeal is that when I say the assessors report was different to his pip form and what happened at assessment thank you 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,339 Disability Gamechanger
    blueboy87 said:
    Hi@yadnad just wonder if you could give me some advice my brother in law had his assessment he has never been able to use a knife food is cut up for him this was said at the assessment I also help him to get dressed as he is unable to bend to put pants and socks assessor said he could dress himself with an aide I could go on and on when his case goes to appeal is that when I say the assessors report was different to his pip form and what happened at assessment thank you 
    If you're his appointee then you'll be able to speak for him during the hearing, if not then he will have to speak for himself. The Tribunal will want him to tell them in his own words how his condition affects him.

He needs to concentrate on the points he thinks he should have scored and why, avoiding the lies that were told in the report. The DWP and Tribunal will not be interested in anything else. Getting some help with this maybe a good idea. If there's a welfare rights in his area, that would be a good place to start. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • blueboy87
    How do I become his appointee he finds it hard to communicate the drs and hospital both have my number as he doesn’t like talking pip have my number as a second I know for a fact he will become agitated and stressed at a tribunal he never went out for 3 weeks after his assessment he said he felt violated 
  • poppy123456
    You can become an appointee for someone if they can’t manage their own affairs because they’re mentally incapable or severely disabled. Being an appointee for someone is for benefit purposes only.
    https://www.gov.uk/become-appointee-for-someone-claiming-benefits
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Saracen
    yadnad thank you for the information but as for asking for 10 years or more can you do this??

• blueboy87
    Am allowed to speak on his behalf he finds it hard to communicate and with having 3 people at the appeal hearing he will probably get anxious and want to leave the room I’m his carer so I know him better than anyone 
  • poppy123456
    blueboy87 said:
    Am allowed to speak on his behalf he finds it hard to communicate and with having 3 people at the appeal hearing he will probably get anxious and want to leave the room I’m his carer so I know him better than anyone 
    No, as I already advised not unless you're his appointee. The Tribunal will want him to answer the questions himself and tell them exactly how his conditions affects him. They may ask you at the end if there's anything you want to add but this doesn't always happen. 
  • blueboy87
    So if the representative goes are they allowed to speak on behalf 
  • poppy123456
    Yes I believe so because they are representing you. 
  • blueboy87
    @poppy123456 thanks for the advice I’m getting stressed out I know we will have a long wait for an appeal but I feel a bit at ease now I know a representative can speak on his behalf thanks again poppy ?
  • poppy123456
    A rep will support him and do everything for him. If you have a good rep there will be no need for forums like this. Yes, the wait can be as long as 1 year. Good luck.
  • Yadnad
    Saracen said:
    yadnad thank you for the information but as for asking for 10 years or more can you do this??

Yes you can. If you can show that there can be no improvement only a deterioration and that he has had all the help he can get then yes of course he can ask for a 10 year award - they can only say no.

Also when the decision comes through and it is for just a couple of years he can do a MR asking the DWP what evidence they have used that signifies that he can't qualify for a long award.
  • Saracen
    Hi yadnad 
    First of all sorry I havent posted for couple of days been through a really bad couple of days no sleep and a few really panic attacks tje worst part is I went through an awful divorce 6 years ago leaving my two grown children who are now 25 and 20 but they realise what I was going through now our couldnt have for 2 more loving kids when I left I was so alone for 18 months until Imet my new partner who is pictured above and turned my life around within 18 months I had started a local food co.op and was helping people do benefits checks and filling in forms then I became a father again to another little boy and 10 months later a beautifull little girl I thought my life was complete I won a big award for my work for charity and felt so good I was even comtemplating getting part time work but low and behold I had another breakdown worse than the first I was diagnosed with diabetes spondalosis ostioarthris calciu in between my joints and cardiovascular disease all in 6 months I had a mini stroke and thought this was enough then told im so sorry for this was diagnosed with blockages in my legs 3in right 2 in left now this frightened me because my sister died early from this and to go through this pip again is driving me mad my gp as put me on the strongest nerve tablets she can this week and I rang dwp on friday they said I would have a decision within 4 weeks and ring back this week which didntake sense but I rang today now they say 8 to 12 weeks I spoke to my cab advisor this morning and he said refering to the points I reffered to in my earlier posts that looking at my points its not unusual he thinks I.ll get standard on both cant understand this seems like I cant win I got laugh or I.ll cry lol

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.