Anybody suffers from Polymialgia Rheumatica? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Anybody suffers from Polymialgia Rheumatica?

sunbeam
sunbeam Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Anybody suffers from Polymialgia Rheumatica?Any advice appreciated

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @sunbeam and a very warm welcome to the community! I will love your discussion in the hope of others being able to advise. In the meantime why not look around the community and get involved with anything that interests you :) Please do let me know if there is anything that I can do!
    Scope

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @sunbeam, and welcome- great username!

You appear to be the first person to discuss Polymialgia Rheumatica on the community so far- would you perhaps like to tell us some more about your own experiences?
  • sunbeam
    sunbeam Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Stat the moment I am not suffering too much as I am on medication. I was wondering if anyone had any experience of this complaint?
  • axwy62
    axwy62 Community member Posts: 142 Pioneering
    I don't have PR and never did, though it is one of the completely wrong diagnoses I've been given in the past, so I have done a bit of research. From what I remember speaking to another lady at the clinic who had it, once the meds kicked in she was a lot better and was managing well, but she had to keep taking them for a very long time.
  • dougal1
    dougal1 Community member Posts: 23 Connected
    Hi sunbeam, 
    Welcome ,I've suffered from polymyalga for a number of years, was on high dose of steroids and pain killer's it's in remission at mo, although I wake up with really sore shoulders, hope that help x

Brightness