Is this normal now? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Is this normal now?

ataloss2018
ataloss2018 Community member Posts: 48 Courageous
My wife is receiving ESA and is in the support group, only last October she was contacted by them and had to fill in forms for a review, previous to this she had been left alone for 5 years. 

After receiving the Oct 2017 form there was no medical required and she was kept in the support group, but just this last week she has been contacted by letter and has to fill in the review form all over again. 

Just wondering if this in normal now or do you think the form was sent mistakenly, are all ESA claims reviewed yearly now?  We understood that when you are in the support group your not contacted as much compared to those in the work related group, guessing that this was the reason why she went 5 years between her award in 2012 to Oct 2017.

Any comments would be most welcome.

Comments

• easy
    easy Scope Member Posts: 670 Pioneering
    Hi. I believe these people decide themselves when they contact you. It is different for everybody. You just have to fill it in again. 
      Good luck.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    They can re-assess you at anytime, whether you're in the Support Group or WRAG. The form will need to be filled in, returned with all the evidence no later than the date stated. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • whybother83
    whybother83 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    I am having the same problem 3/4 months after passing and being placed into the support group. They are a joke 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.