To breathe a temporary sigh of relief... — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

To breathe a temporary sigh of relief...

Options
David71H
David71H Community member Posts: 6 Connected

Hey all.....well I've just finished my epic Mandatory Reconsideration letter to the DWP. They decided after 3 years I wasn't entitled after all.  Nothing has changed for me health wise over those years apart from the slow deterioration that would be expected. The assessor was absolutely Horrible. A drone would've been easier to deal with because at least then I would have no illusions as to whether or not IT had a heart. The assessor clearly did'nt. Will be posting it tomorrow and assuming the cross fingered legs arms and anything else I could possibly cross position till they bother to either put me outta my misery or continue to make it worse. Talk about turning peoples lives upside down and inside out at the time when all you need is help and support. Power Money and status is all those making the decisions care about, not care, compassion and our well being. Good luck to all who are having to go through this awful experience. D

Comments

• blitzy123
    blitzy123 Community member Posts: 48 Courageous
    Options
    i cant offer any advise but good luck and hope the mr swings ur way .....
  • David71H
    Options
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thank you David, very grateful for sharing your story, you must be a strong and determined person. A beacon of hope for a lot of people best wishes and keep posting.
  • David71H
    Options
    Hey @wilko, Thankyou. The 1st 2 days after receiving the dwp letter telling me that they'd decided to cancel my PIP award, I was an absolute wreck.
    After those awful foggy days of total and utter despair, I got very angry.
    I still am tbh. I somehow managed to direct all those feelings of dread and despair into fighting this decision. If they don't reinstate my pip, it willl mean having to move into a different property on top of the upset dealing with day to day struggles. So, action stations its had to be. Dry ya eyes and get busy and fight or let these non humans take from us at our weakest moments.
    NOT GONNA HAPPEN!!!!
    I really appreciate your comment.
    Amazing how strong we can be when all we feel is weak.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.