Frustrated by not being able to do basic things? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Frustrated by not being able to do basic things?

brady
brady Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi im a 38 year old mom and wife with ostioarthritis. My hubby and kids 15 year old daughter 10 year old son are my world and  are so amazing how they help me but i find myself getting so frustrated and annoyed that i cant do  basic things and have to wait

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @brady
    Welcome to the community! You're not alone, lots of members of the community suffer with osteoarthritis and I'm sure they will be more than happy to get in contact with you to offer support. Please let us know if we can help any further!
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @brady and a warm welcome to the community! Thank you for sharing this with us all.
    Scope

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community, @brady!
  • brady
    Thanks anyone have ideas that work for them x
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Know how you feel I rely on my son for cooking etc as my grip goes, my fingers twitch, my hands twitch and my hands swell up. I used to have z reAlly strong grip and family asked me to open lids etc now I can’t do it. I know you can get aids but I just haven’t gone down that road yet. Mine is fibro related. 
  • Becky111
    Becky111 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Am new to am the same as above but I also have heart lung bowel disease.
  • LisaMcv
    LisaMcv Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi All, am new to group, but just saw your post. I was medical retired at 37. 
    I'm now 45 this year I've got Degenerative Ostioathritus and Chronic Pain. 
    Hate it hate having to keep asking for help.
    And relying on my Hubby and two Girls 20/21 .
    Life dose get better , but there are also days when you feel like you just want to rip the heads off all the dolls in a toy shop.
    ????
    I've been told that the pain we feel is so easy to turn into anger, it's the same chemicals. 
    Had mad rows with Hubby asking why he'd want to stay with me when he never signed up for me this way. But rest easy knowing that you are loved by your family and they help you out coz its now your turn to be helped. 
    That's what I get told. 
    All the whiles we can do the little bits we can dictate the big Jobs lol X
    Sending you the biggest of hugs coz some days they just help XXX 
  • brady
    Thanks can really relate to what you say I ask why stay with me when I'm like this too but hubby says he loves me too much to let me go as our vows say "in sickness and in health but I feel more bad days than gud but over past few years tables have turned and hubby being getting ill I wrote that 1st one u read on a bad day and yes u want to pull heads off dolls lol  I just want to stand alone in a field and scream my head off in frustration thanks for the reply gud luck with future with our loving families we can do this big hugs xxx

Brightness