Pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip

bryonysullivan
bryonysullivan Community member Posts: 2 Listener
hi I revived a text on the 28th of August saying they revived my written report I’m just woundering how long it has been for people to get a desicon and how long after have they been paid and also I didn’t have to go for a medical assessment they sent me a letter to say they recived all the information they needed is that a good thing or a bad thing? Thanks 

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello it looks from your post that you have had a paper acessment taken from the medical evidence you sent with your application form, regarding your award notification it can be between four to six weeks and in your letter details will be stated what money you are owed and when it will be paid also how long your award is for.

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    A paper based assessment for PIP isn't a guaranteed award, you can be refused without an assessment for PIP, unlike ESA. I do believe this is rare though. There's no timescales for decisions, it depends on backlog in your area. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering

Hi @bryonysullivan,

It can take between six to eight weeks for a decision on your PIP claim to be made following an assessment. If you ever want to find out more about the status of your claim, then you can contact the PIP helpline on 0800 121 4433.

Best of luck with your claim!

Liam
  • Amarsingh
    Amarsingh Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    I got a reply in 1 week, think it was because did not even bother reading anything.  I'm going for appeal stage now
  • Amarsingh
    edited September 2018
    They did not Evan read my mandatory reconsideration as it was received on 8th and decision made on 7th
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi @amarsingh,

Best of luck with your tribunal hearing! We have lots of information about preparing for the hearing on our website which you might find useful.

Do let us know how it goes!
    Liam
  • Amarsingh
    LiamO_Dell said:my 
    Hi @amarsingh,

Best of luck with your tribunal hearing! We have lots of information about preparing for the hearing on our website which you might find useful.

Do let us know how it goes!
    My first appeal for DLA only lasted 2 to 3 minutes. They made a decision before meeting me and awarded me high rate mobility..  Can this also be the same with pip

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.