Hi, my name is banjosmum! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is banjosmum!

banjosmum
banjosmum Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello, I have a range of conditions which are mostly secondary to the genetic condition Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome. I mostly use a mobility scooter out of the house but can walk very short distances with sticks, and furniture surf around the house. My housemate Alison is a good friend who decided to become my carer when I became too ill to work about 8 years ago. She staryed a dog ealking business about 18months ago after a period of being a full time carer, she continues to care for me on a part time (unpaid) basis. I got a Canine Partner called Banjo 3 years ago to help me regain some independence. This year I've started having an agency come in four times a day just to take the pressure off my housemate. I am currently in the process of switching to direct payments and one of the carers at the agency, Coral, will be taking over my care as a PA which will suit both of our needs better. I had surgery 3 weeks ago and that is the first of three ops I am supposed to be having this year. As well as Banjo I have a rescue dog called Dougal and two disabled cats called Squiggle and Bean. 

So that's me... 

Comments

• NCL
    NCL Community member Posts: 20 Courageous
    Hi Banjosmum, Welcome! Hello too to Alison and Banjo!
    I am quite new to the forum too and I'm finding it is really interesting and helpful. I hope that you find support here, too.
    I guess if you're three weeks post surgery you'll now be getting a bit better and even a bit bored. Hope the operation went well and that you're managing to get around a bit more now. 

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @banjosmum   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining. Wishing you well for a speedy recovery.

Thank you for sharing. We are a supportive community. Care and share. Lots of advice, new friends. Comments and posts from members who are like yourself.

Have a look at Talk about Specific Conditions .  Plenty of information and advice.

Ask the community anything some one will know.

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @bonjosmum
    Welcome to the community! Is there anything in particular that we can help you with? :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    edited September 2018
    Hi @banjosmum,

Welcome to Scope's online community! It's great to have you on board. :)

Do feel free to have a browse of our groups and categories, and please get in touch if we can help in any way!
    Liam

Brightness