Gaseous distension of colon — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Gaseous distension of colon

Options
Anthony1987
Anthony1987 Community member Posts: 93 Listener
Hi  just got a letter from pip saying couldn't get it..  this month i just got diagnosis with Gaseous distension of colon  I've  got loads of medication for it i phoned up pip to tell them what i have been diagnose with surely that'd should win the case i was recently on Dla which they said it will stop 2nd of Oct 

Comments

• easy
    easy Scope Member Posts: 670 Pioneering
    Options
    Sorry to hear this.It is not what the diagnoses is that PIP is given for ,but how the condition affects you.
  • Anthony1987
    Options
    My stomach can go really big and stops me from doing activities I recently just come out of hospital for the pain i can't  bend as my stomach starts to hurt but she never put this down on the report  and i suffer from anxiety so get lot of shakes in my body I'm  gonna get another report from my gp.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,240 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You have 28 days to request a Mandatory reconsideration. You need to write a letter stating what you disagree with and where you think you should have scored those points and why. It's not about a diagnosis. I'd advise you to get some help with this process from your local welfare rights.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Anthony1987
    Options
    Yeah i phoned them up today to get it sent out to me as the woman put  got 0 points  part from about the bath part which scored 2points  she not put wat i said about not able to do bending cos of the stomch going rock hard as i can't  cook now like it did before.when citizen advice filled it out even they said i had point's to get it they got all the copes so gonna make a appointment next week 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.