Gaseous distension of colon — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Gaseous distension of colon

Anthony1987 Member Posts: 93 Listener
Hi  just got a letter from pip saying couldn't get it..  this month i just got diagnosis with Gaseous distension of colon  I've  got loads of medication for it i phoned up pip to tell them what i have been diagnose with surely that'd should win the case i was recently on Dla which they said it will stop 2nd of Oct 


  • easy
    easy Member Posts: 231 Pioneering
    Sorry to hear this.It is not what the diagnoses is that PIP is given for ,but how the condition affects you.
  • Anthony1987
    Anthony1987 Member Posts: 93 Listener
    My stomach can go really big and stops me from doing activities I recently just come out of hospital for the pain i can't  bend as my stomach starts to hurt but she never put this down on the report  and i suffer from anxiety so get lot of shakes in my body I'm  gonna get another report from my gp.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 31,122 Disability Gamechanger
    You have 28 days to request a Mandatory reconsideration. You need to write a letter stating what you disagree with and where you think you should have scored those points and why. It's not about a diagnosis. I'd advise you to get some help with this process from your local welfare rights.
  • Anthony1987
    Anthony1987 Member Posts: 93 Listener
    Yeah i phoned them up today to get it sent out to me as the woman put  got 0 points  part from about the bath part which scored 2points  she not put wat i said about not able to do bending cos of the stomch going rock hard as i can't  cook now like it did before.when citizen advice filled it out even they said i had point's to get it they got all the copes so gonna make a appointment next week 


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.