Urgent help needed - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Urgent help needed

2»

Comments

• Metalliman3871
    Metalliman3871 Community member Posts: 17 Listener
    @thespiceman perhaps you can explain how you can have contingency plans for things that happen suddenly, and honestly , you are over zealous, yes I need food , and today, but try and notice what’s been said, the supermarkets have a reason for their drivers not going into peoples homes, and that is always going to be because of insurance, 

now i I appreciate your help, don’t get me wrong, but you must have the facts before you add a comment, or else we just get tied up talking about unimportant things 
  • Metalliman3871
    @debbiedo49 district nurses don’t even have an opinion, I asked, lol I must live in the worst Burrough in the uk lol 
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    @Metalliman3871 your post is titled urgent help so people are going to be concerned. Like I said my dad had a key safe and my sister delivers shopping and I used to be a support worker so I know about going into peoples houses. I thought you had no food today and no support. So are you going to have enough food till you make a plan? Please don’t reprimand @thespiceman he thought the same as me. How did you get into this muddle today? It’s obvs been going on all week like u said. What help are you asking for? 
  • Metalliman3871
    @debbiedo49 ok, so my partner walked out on me on Monday, a friend online ordered me pizza on Tuesday, the council offered me meals on wheels, which was one meal a day the smallest amount of food, Thursday and Friday, today I got my new bank card, so I wanted to order food, and then I was told they wouldn’t come into my house, I have nothing here for today , but I did finally get Tesco to agree to use the key safe but they can’t deliver till tomorrow, I reprimanded spice because despite my first post clearly stating that I could not order online, his first post was a huge 5 paragraph thing telling me to order online , we’ve had to tell him 3 times that they won’t use the keysafe 
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Some people won’t know what a key safe is. What are you eating today? People are only trying to help. I can understand how frustrating this must be. As a last resort can uou go up and down stairs on your bum to receive a takeaway?
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Metalliman3871 Thank you for comments  we as community members are being concerned and caring.

Sorry to say this I am not happy with your responses. and anybody will tell you. I do not give in easily.

First  thing you need to know is do not ever be critical of  people here who are trying to help you.  Many of them are trying to be supportive and have caring concerns. Besides we are friends many of us and we hate to see any body like this.

Second  thing you need to know been behind the scenes doing some checking.

So I have sent off a Email to TESCO. Because I can and am that sort of gent.  To find out the solutions to your problems..

I have a copy of my terms and conditions.

It says the following.;  Not exact words but I quote.

At your request our driver may carry your order to the place of your choice being to the delivery address.

Particular floor in an apartment block or kitchen.  Only if your driver has your permission.. Also if the driver believes he or she it is always safe and practical to do so.  As you request.

Understand I have been scrutinising my contract terms and conditions. Says nothing about Insurance. Unless of course they have fears to do so.

Why do they deliver to my property then?  Have no cause for alarm and have gone through countless supermarkets and terms of conditions.

Since doing this.  Would not do this if I had to but why me not you?

May I ask also been going on all week can I ask?. Seems from reading your posts.  

Also you need contingency plans always .  I live on my own and have to plan everything. Why that is part of the life you need to do.  You have to.

Even now thinking of tomorrow.  Have everything in place all the time.

Have had to break into a friends house because me and his friends got no reply.  Just saying to you right now and why the concern and anxiety.

What you wish to happen?  How can the community advise you.?

Since contacting you . Understand I will send you the results of my Email to you.

I do think there is another reason they will do not visit.?  Which you are not telling me or the community. Besides the key issues.

All I can say.

I am a Christian as I have said we do want to help you the community. I just do not understand any of this at all.

I also have worked in lots of volunteer roles and in the care sector and know many support workers. You mention the nurses. Somethings a miss.  Why say that about Staff.? Not right.

Hope you take care.

Always be in my prayers. Have a conscious . Will be in my thoughts.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Metalliman3871
    I have nothing for tonight, and I’m sorry but spice you are on my ignored list, you can’t help people by telling them to do what they were already trying to do, and why every one of your messages has to be a mile long is beyond me , I don’t need lecturing , I was asking for help yeah/ 
  • Metalliman3871
    @debbiedo49 I can’t even do that, the doctors warned me not to use the stairs due to the bacteria causing new ulcers 
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry @metalliman3871 but I'm glad you have something sorted for tomorrow :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Metalliman3871 Thank you for putting me on your ignored list.

That is fine.  Understand that you asked for help is listening and reading what good people of the community have offered.

All I can say. 

I will forward what the TESCO people have said and there is always an answer to everything.

You came on to this forum to ask for support and advice. Asking for urgent help.

What I have not done is not lecturing. It is time for you to put your listening ears on and start to listen to the good people who wish to advise.

Yet you will not so .

Wish you the best sorry if you feel that way. I am a good kind gent and you want help.

I have tried and been supportive and may I add very concerned and caring.

Try and think before I go . 

What have I learnt as a human being.?

Why am I this way and no one is helping me?

Wish you the best because I am truthful and honest.

Apologise for my long posts.

Please take care and I do mean that.  Have no regrets helping and advising you today.

I hope you understand.  Always in Prayers and thoughts.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes

Brightness