PIP Consultation Cancelled On the Day — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Consultation Cancelled On the Day

PIPnewbie
PIPnewbie Community member Posts: 298 Pioneering
edited September 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
My girlfriend's PIP consultation was cancelled about 3 hours before it was due, after all the stress, anxiety, pain, and terror she had to experience on the day.  All she got was a really apologetic woman on the phone explaining it was being moved to 3 weeks away.  

Anyone ever experienced this?

Since they automatically award zero for people missing their consultation twice, I bet they do not automatically award people when the assessors miss their claimants twice.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,347 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    Yes, you won't be the first and certainly won't be the last. I know in a lot of cases they have a bad name but they're still human and things in life do happen, which means no one can predict the future.
    Luckily they contacted her before she left for home because i have heard they've contacted people after they've left or worse not contacted them at all. There's nothing we can do about it when they do cancel assessments. Fingers crossed it doesn't happen next time. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes it’s a pain but as poppy says things happen in life that can’t be predicted so we, you will have to accept the this inconvenience and be grateful that you had three hours notice.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.