THE DWP HAVE CUT MY ESA BENEFIT — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

THE DWP HAVE CUT MY ESA BENEFIT

Options
thespiceman
thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
Hello every body been through a crisis today all because the errors of the DWP.

Checked my bank account and found no benefit money in the account last payment July..

Get ESA and thought what has happened.  What is going on.?

So rang them after a hour wait. This call handler came on.

You would not believe it been calling me on a mobile number. Quoted this number.

That is the old number. All over being a text message.  Changes to benefit and awarded new possible amount.

I said why did you not contact me by landline or send a letter.   Policy to send texts.  If there was no reply or no answer.

How did I know you were going to award me a benefit amount if I did not know about it.

Common sense contact Department doing PIP.  They have information up to date. Don't you contact and share information.

You just asked me for other benefits.

Plus what is the idea if I am not answering that common sense prevails to send me a letter. We would have sent you one.  When though why not straight away.

Besides the point should used other forms of communication such as Email you have all the information. Do not have Email she said but I have fully given all my information to PIP.

Absolutely ridiculous.  All because they wanted to inform me of something not aware of. Never used mobile just for texting and emergencies. 

Not my fault and who was it a wise decision to stop my money any way.

Have any body else had this. Through no fault of there own. Please can I ask.?

@thespiceman
Community Champion
SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
Recipes

Comments

• janice_in_wonderland
    janice_in_wonderland Community member Posts: 265 Pioneering
    Options
    @thespiceman

I bet if you owed them money it would be v different
  • thespiceman
    Options
    Hello @janice_in_wonderland   Thank you for replying.

What concerns me is the lacklustre responses of the DWP. No apology and trying to come to terms with stopping some ones payments.

We live in the 21st century could have called, why not.  To tell me.

Wondering how many were like me still.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

They can't stop your ESA unless you were found fit for work. There's most likely another reason why you didn't receive your payment. Have you received payment yet? Sometimes a new award, like transferring from DLA to PIP can cause a small issue with a payment like this, when the computer doesn't update the details from one benefit to another. If you haven't received payment for your ESA yet then ring them back today and ask for a same day payment release.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • thespiceman
    Options
    Hello @poppy123456 Thank you for replying to me.

Always appreciative of your knowledge.

All I got was due to an increase in severe disabled premium.  I have with the ESA.

Asked as I did several times. It is about PIP. Not really answered me in the sense.

Just received yesterday. A text on the mobile saying the full amount paid and any back pay. As she quoted.

Why stop money and just say first.  This ESA receive new benefit amount.

By letter or my phone. They have the details from PIP and ESA. Only use mobile for emergencies never put this on the forms.

One reason have to plug in a lead to hear. Second never answer it unless I know who it is.

Get a lot of fairweather friends demanding all sorts.  Give them the mobile number and if they ring they ring.

My landline for those who are part of my private circle.

Thank you very much.

Hope you are well.

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    No problem. Yes, it will have been because of the SDP that's been added to your ESA. They do have a strange way of doing things, i admit. At least you have the SDP added now. When you have the backpay treat yourself to something nice, we all deserve a treat every once in while. Take care spiceman!
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • thespiceman
    Options
    Hello @poppy123456 Thank you very much. Just kind of you to answer my post.

I will know probably will treat my self. To something but as you know. Autumn Winter around the corner.

As I am getting older go on Winter expenses plus try and live . As every body does day by day.

Thinking of tomorrow.  One for the forum another debate.

In the back of your mind the next thing to go wrong in the property.  Whether electrical or items I need.

Does happen.

Thank you

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • janice_in_wonderland
    janice_in_wonderland Community member Posts: 265 Pioneering
    Options
    @thespiceman

Twice i notified dwp of change of address n they failed to alter my personal details so i never revieved a whole bundle re my case which went to previous address where I cannot repeat what the people were like 

If it hadnt been for a support worker agreeing to accept copies sent to them i dont know what may have happened  

I wish i could wave a magic wand to make everthing ok for everyone bc these experiences add to suffering 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.