Decision Changed Before Appeal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Decision Changed Before Appeal

skinnygirl101
skinnygirl101 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
I am posting this to give people hope not to give up if they are turned down at Mandatory Reconsideration as I was but I put in for an appeal and just over a month after sending the appeal form off , the DWP have changed their original decision and I now have enchanced mobility after I only got standard mobility after transferring from DLA indefinite high rate award. This year has been so stressful with the filling in the forms , assessment, decision, mandatory reconsideration being turned down but with the help of my GP & Citizens Advice I can breathe for a while. Don’t give up !. 

Comments

• Gavel
    Gavel Community member Posts: 15 Connected
    Well done. It is such a relief and such a stressful time.

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
     This year has been so stressful with the filling in the forms , assessment, decision, mandatory reconsideration being turned down but with the help of my GP & Citizens Advice I can breathe for a while. Don’t give up !. 
    You have indeed been most fortunate to get help with your PIP claim - many don't and plod on through knowing nothing about what they should be doing.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.