What do you take to a tribunal? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What do you take to a tribunal?

dannymanutd
dannymanutd Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited September 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
hi all will have my tribunal soon what should i take with me thanks 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @dannymanutd
    Welcome to the community! Lots of members of the community have gone through the tribunal process and I'm sure will be in contact with you soon to advise you! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @dannymanutd and welcome to the community! Hope you are doing okay. I will move this to the benefit section of the community and hope people can be in touch!
    Scope

• shayjay
    shayjay Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi I've got my sons pip appeal tomorrow . At the civil justice centre Manchester , wish me luck !!!!!! . 
  • dannymanutd
    good luck what have you been told to take mine will be at Liverpool thanks 
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Good luck @shayjay let us know how you get on!

@dannymanutd - the advice simply says:
    Bring along all relevant documents that you have, including medical evidence and anything related to your original claim or appeal. It’s also a good idea to take notes of what you want to say that you can refer to in order to get your point across.

There is more information here.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • dannymanutd
    @Sam_Scope even if they have that information already?
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    I believe it would be useful to have copies with you
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • odonnell
    odonnell Community member Posts: 21 Connected
    If mp backing you up  you sent letter  off your mp to trubuial  does dwp get copy from the trubuial  do you think  my mp letter  change pip desion 
  • shayjay
    shayjay Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Well that was a waste of time ! I took everything I thought I would need , and guess what , they adjourned it !!!!!!! They want me to bring my son who has ADHD , Asperger and a servers language disorder , into court and speak for himself !!!! Well that's just !!!!! What do you say , it's going to be very upsetting for him . Can't wait !! ?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    As it's your son's claim and not yours was there any reason why you went alone, rather than taking him? They will need to see him for theirselves and for him to speak for himself so they know how his conditions affect him.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2018
    As it's your son's claim and not yours was there any reason why you went alone, rather than taking him? They will need to see him for theirselves and for him to speak for himself so they know how his conditions affect him.
    That's not entirely the case. My wife had an AA appeal and as she was unable to get around very much I went on her behalf. They certainly tried the appeal with just me being there. Didn't help though as I was branded not credible with my answers - obviously I couldn't answer a lot of what they asked.
  • dannymanutd
    @Username_removed I'm from leigh/Wigan my tribunal will be held at liverpool tribunal service and my representative will be my girlfreind/Fiancèe do I have to ring and let them know as not been asked or anything thanks 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.