PIP tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP tribunal

hayley1969
hayley1969 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited September 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everybody. I have today done an on line form for a tribunal with PIP. I have also sent additional information. Does anybody know approx how long it takes for a decision & if monies are backdated from the reassessment claim that was not awarded please?

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @hayley1969
    Welcome to the community! Unfortunately I am unsure however another member of the community may know and will be in contact with you soon. Please let us know if we can do anything else to help! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Tribunal waiting times are huge and some are waiting as long as 1 year for the hearing date. Are you appearing in person? This will give you the best chance of a decision going in your favour. Did you also send the MR decision letter with the SSCS1 form? They won't accept your appeal without sending this with it. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • hayley1969
    Yes I did send all of the information & letter. Thanks for your reply! Xx
  • kerry366
    kerry366 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    If any help I was told I would have to wait up to 41 weeks from may
  • miilreef
    miilreef Community member Posts: 21 Connected
    Hi, good luck with your Tribunal. 
    You can call HM Courts and Tribunal service on the contact number you receive when your Tribunal request is accepted, they can tell you how long the wait is in your area and are very helpful.
    If you have any clinic letters between now and your Tribunal you can submit them via post or email to be added to your case.
    If your appeal is successful your payments will be backdated to the date of your original claim, that’s the date you contacted the DWP to claim.
    I wish you well.
  • hayley1969
    Thank you everybody! It’s going to be a long wait! Ridiculous. I have to take my mobility car back next month so goodness knows how I’m meant to get to hospital appointments etc as I live 2 bus routes away & im in a wheelchair. Good luck to everybody else too xx

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.