PIP Mobility Appeal - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Mobility Appeal

2»

Comments

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    You don't have to ring PIP every time your medication changes, if everyone did this then we'd all have constant forms to fill in. This now means that you'll be re-assessed and most likely have to go for another face 2 face assessment. 
    Wow  Nan must be one of their best customers for the number of assessments being carried out!
    On top of that it is giving the DWP more chances to reduce the awards.

Keep at it mate you could well be a record breaker.
  • nan2pop
    nan2pop Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    They told me if I didn't report every change including the meds change I could have my payment stopped 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,319 Disability Gamechanger
    nan2pop said:
    They told me if I didn't report every change including the meds change I could have my payment stopped 
    That's not true. Like I said if everyone did that then it would be ridiculous. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • lyndawar
    lyndawar Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Yadnad said:
    painter said:
    This is the problem Yadnad.  If you have no up to date letters/appts you stand not chance.  He has had stents inserted, collapsed.  Not pedal pulse!!  Coronary stents inserted, sees respiratory cons every 6 mths but this is for lungs not leg! Seeing GP on Monday, see if she can give us up to date letter of diagnosis, although i know the diagnosis doesn't come into it, its your limitations and help you need, but how on earth do you prove this if you no longer see vascular surgeons.    Assessor also stated hubby standard build and looked well.  He never looks well and has lost so much weight.  Asked assessor to look at his skinny leg, not interested!
    Assessors? Don't start me on that bunch of incompetents.
    Mine (3 assessments) didn't ask any questions about the legs. In their various reports said that I walked so must have no issues.
    I did however do the peak flow test for lung function and the best was just under half the norm (can't remember the reading other than it was about the same as my normal ones at the GP surgery)
    I thought to myself 'get out of that one if you can?'
    They did, they accused me of messing up the test by holding the tube incorrectly

• lyndawar
    edited August 2018
    RE his legs, I sent photos if my knees and all the AIDS I have, commode, shower stool, wheelchair, everything helps..
  • painter
    painter Community member Posts: 52 Pioneering
    Have put in for PIP mandatory reconsideration for hubby.  Did this by phone and sent off letter highlighting where we disagreed with the assessor. This went off today special delivery.  Saw GP last week  , she was was lovely.  Said she would go through his notes and write letter, collected this today.  She stated that with his severe COPD he cannot walk more than 10 yards without stopping to rest plus the pain and condition of his left leg and periphery arterial disease means his mobility is greatly restricted. She also included a letter from chest cons which we hadn't seen and also his DEXA scan result stating he has multiple spinal fractures.  This will go by special delivery first thing tomorrow too.  Have yo wait and see what happens.  Assessor he saw said he wasn't breathless, he looked well, walked upright with normal gait.  She wasn't talking about my husband!!
  • lyndawar
    Painter, many MRs fail sadly but sounds like you have brilliant support from your GP so if no luck do go on to Appeal, you will have more time to get even more info together for a case along with the MR information. Good luck. 
  • painter
    Evening everyone.  Well have sent off a letter for my hubby' s mandatory reconsideration.  Explained that we had seen GP and she was writing up letter 're his disabilities and capabilities.  As luck would have it her letter arrived the day after with various other bits of paperwork, these have now been sent special delivery,copied everything first!  Received assessors report today.  What I find difficult to understand is this musculoskeletal assessment.  There is half a page typed up regarding this giving degree measurements  left/right leg, plantar flexion, dorsiflexion, full power in muscles in left and right leg.  She never touched or examined him at all.  She sat behind her desk, while we sat the other side.  She threw questions at him but at no time did she touch him.  How can a musculoskeletal assessment give a true picture without examining.  I worked in a physio dept at one time and typed up physio reports.  Very similar to what I read today  but the physio was hands on while recording findings.  His left leg is very weak, muscle mass very poor. 
    The GP letter was very good explaining he has moderate to severe COPD, serious peripheral arterial disease, both which limits his walking to 10 metres.  Also has significant osteoporosis with multiple spinal fractures and is concerned about his falls.  The DEXA scan was also included stating about his vertebrae and broken ribs.  The doctor who examined him 8 yrs go for DLA wrote a true report , which I enclosed with his changeover form but this was totally ignored.  I  very much doubt things will change and we will have to go for an appeal.
  • painter
    Sorry seemed to have repeated myself a bit here.  I blame it on my age!!
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    painter said:
    Evening everyone.  Well have sent off a letter for my hubby' s mandatory reconsideration.  Explained that we had seen GP and she was writing up letter 're his disabilities and capabilities.  As luck would have it her letter arrived the day after with various other bits of paperwork, these have now been sent special delivery,copied everything first!  Received assessors report today.  What I find difficult to understand is this musculoskeletal assessment.  There is half a page typed up regarding this giving degree measurements  left/right leg, plantar flexion, dorsiflexion, full power in muscles in left and right leg.  She never touched or examined him at all.  She sat behind her desk, while we sat the other side.  She threw questions at him but at no time did she touch him.  How can a musculoskeletal assessment give a true picture without examining.  I worked in a physio dept at one time and typed up physio reports.  Very similar to what I read today  but the physio was hands on while recording findings.  His left leg is very weak, muscle mass very poor. 
    The GP letter was very good explaining he has moderate to severe COPD, serious peripheral arterial disease, both which limits his walking to 10 metres.  Also has significant osteoporosis with multiple spinal fractures and is concerned about his falls.  The DEXA scan was also included stating about his vertebrae and broken ribs.  The doctor who examined him 8 yrs go for DLA wrote a true report , which I enclosed with his changeover form but this was totally ignored.  I  very much doubt things will change and we will have to go for an appeal.
    It's a good job that you don't have any mental health issues. They can assess your mental health in 5 mins just by looking to see if you rock in the chair, can look at the assessor, whether you are sweating or not etc. In fact I had 14 reasons put to me 'proving that I have never had a mental health problem.
    Yet it took my psychiatrist and psychologist hours of talking and listening to me to decide that I did - then I was sectioned!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.