Standard rate PIP and mobility. Please help. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Standard rate PIP and mobility. Please help.

Options
dignifieddoll
dignifieddoll Community member Posts: 52 Connected
edited September 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi there im new to this site and i do have a query .in may of this i decided to apply for a mobility car my first ever since i had been on dla higher rate since 2006 and having a letter tosay i was entitled indefinitely. I thought i would try mobility car instead of struggling with my husband old one and paying for mot and insurance it wouldbe all sorted and worry free but after finfing a car and being accepted the very next day i had a letter to say dla was ending and i would have claim pip so i phoned the dealer up and he advised me to hold off with the car which i did  then to rub salt in i recieved pin number for car which i confirmed had been held until desision had been made .cutting short i got desisin today and i have had mobility lowered to standard rate  and standard rate on daily living .what can i do please help 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @dignifieddoll
    Welcome to the community! Have you considered appealing the decision? If so, check out how to appeal. It explains each step you must take. Hope this helps. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • dignifieddoll
    Options
    Thank you so much i will check  it out as never had to anything like this before and will let you know
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @dignifieddoll,

Welcome to Scope's online community! :) 

I think the link @Ami2301 included may be of interest to you, and I've also moved this discussion into our dedicated PIP category, where other members of our community will be able to offer advice and support.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, then please do get in touch!
    Liam
  • dignifieddoll
    Options
    Thank you all help appreciated 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there im new to this site and i do have a query .in may of this i decided to apply for a mobility car my first ever since i had been on dla higher rate since 2006 and having a letter tosay i was entitled indefinitely. I thought i would try mobility car instead of struggling with my husband old one and paying for mot and insurance it wouldbe all sorted and worry free but after finfing a car and being accepted the very next day i had a letter to say dla was ending and i would have claim pip so i phoned the dealer up and he advised me to hold off with the car which i did  then to rub salt in i recieved pin number for car which i confirmed had been held until desision had been made .cutting short i got desisin today and i have had mobility lowered to standard rate  and standard rate on daily living .what can i do please help 
    You have to ask for a MR and if that doesn't change the award go to appeal.
    For the time being I would suggest that you forget about a Motability car. The chances of getting a change of decision at MR stage is extremely slim and by going to appeal it could be a year before it is heard.
    Concentrate of your claim at the moment.

I would also point out that you are likely to have regular re-assessments for PIP which could take away the previous award. Relying on PIP purely to get a Motability car is ill advised - best to buy your own as many are now doing who previously had a Motability car.

• dignifieddoll
    Options
    I will give the MR a try thank you .im not relying on pip to get mobility car just thought at the time it may have been better as i had also been ill advised by others that having one would be .and i  realise that i will have more assessments in future and it could change again .so thank you for your advice.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.