Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Standard rate PIP and mobility. Please help.
Hi there im new to this site and i do have a query .in may of this i decided to apply for a mobility car my first ever since i had been on dla higher rate since 2006 and having a letter tosay i was entitled indefinitely. I thought i would try mobility car instead of struggling with my husband old one and paying for mot and insurance it wouldbe all sorted and worry free but after finfing a car and being accepted the very next day i had a letter to say dla was ending and i would have claim pip so i phoned the dealer up and he advised me to hold off with the car which i did then to rub salt in i recieved pin number for car which i confirmed had been held until desision had been made .cutting short i got desisin today and i have had mobility lowered to standard rate and standard rate on daily living .what can i do please help
- 48.2K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.8K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 610 Work and employment
- 511 Education
- 930 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 903 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 575 Chronic pain and pain management
- 631 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 683 Autism and neurodiversity
- 815 Mental health and wellbeing
- 282 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.