Pip Decision — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip Decision

Macky47
Macky47 Community member Posts: 46 Connected
IveI received my Pip decision, ivei been awarded standard daily living, but lost mobility, only scoring 4 points. IveI rang to appeal. The assessor, has put I can walk 50metres without stopping, I told him 30metres at most.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,339 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

You should put your request in writing stating what you disagree with and where you think you should be awarded those points and why. They will look at the whole award again and not just part of it. I'd advise you speak to your local welfare rights for further advice. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Macky47
    Macky47 Community member Posts: 46 Connected
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Macky47 said:
    IveI received my Pip decision, ivei been awarded standard daily living, but lost mobility, only scoring 4 points. IveI rang to appeal. The assessor, has put I can walk 50metres without stopping, I told him 30metres at most.
    For a start saying that you can walk 30 metres will not get you the number of points to be awarded Enhanced Mobility.

You say that you can walk 30 metres, the DWP say that you can walk more than 50 metres. The difference is only 20 metres which means no award or a standard award. You are going to have to convince the DWP and possibly a Tribunal that those extra 20 metres is an impossible task.

• angel137
    angel137 Community member Posts: 51 Courageous
    Hi.
    A Standard award is 20 to 50m. So you think you should be on a standard award, or were you previously on an enhanced award?
    Remember, you need to be able to mobilise at over 50% of the time, (or 4 days a week) reliably, repeatedly and in good time. If it takes you over twice as long than it would a person with no mobility issues, that also should be taken into consideration. 
    If you cannot repeat the action within a 24-36 hour period, that means you cannot do this action.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    angel137 said:
    Hi. 
    Remember, you need to be able to mobilise at over 50% of the time, (or 4 days a week) reliably, repeatedly and in good time. If it takes you over twice as long than it would a person with no mobility issues, that also should be taken into consideration. 
    If you cannot repeat the action within a 24-36 hour period, that means you cannot do this action.
    I know that that is what is supposed to be the case, but it is a very hard task to evidence other than what the claimant claims to be the case. 
    Personally I didn't go down that route as it would only be my word against the assessor/DWP. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.