Hi, my name is dody! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is dody!

dody
dody Community member Posts: 14 Connected
Hi, I'm a 64 year old woman with continuing physical disabilities following a ruptured cerebral aneurysm in 1970. Was also left with hydrocephalus following the same. Have now also developed arthritis of the spine, both feet (plus chronic plantar fasciitis of both feet) and arthritis of the shoulders. Other than that, I'm fine. As I've gotten older and lost both parents and my partner, I am feeling very alone with all this, despite trying to stay mobile and active when I can. I have two sisters who are very close with each other, not so much with me. Sorry, didn't mean to sound so sorry for myself. Considering the haemorrhage occurred when I was 16, I've been lucky to have survived and had a pretty good life everything considered. So many people are not so lucky.

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @dody
    Welcome to the community! So sorry for what you have been through :( You won't be alone anymore as you have joined Scope's amazing online community! Please don't apologise for expressing how you feel, it's good to let it out :) Please don't hesitate to let us know if there is anything we can do for you :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @dody   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for sharing and joining.

You have come to the right place for support, advice and information.

You do not have to apologise for feeling sorry for yourself. Our community is friendly and supportive. We care and share.

Understand about loneliness. As I know there are members of our community. Who love to chat and talk.

I am lonely and live on my own and am in my early fifties. Can identify some days the need to share and also care about others like myself.

Use this forum for support.  Get my day up to a good start.

I would like to suggest have a look at the AGE UK website. I looked at this the other day for some advice. They can offer a range of support and might suggest if you contact them. Offer any additional information. Such as social clubs and meeting groups in your area.

Might also qualify for the Silver Service scheme.  Using the telephone service.  Where some one rings you once a week. To talk to you.

Just some ideas .

We are here as a community to help you. Listen to you anytime you wish to.  Have a chat .

Hope that helps.

Pleasure to meet you.

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • dody
    Thank you so much for the welcome and very helpful suggestions. I feel like this website and the people on it will become good for me and I hope it will be reciprocal. Awesome! Wish I'd found it earlier.
  • dody
    Ami2301 said:
    Hi @dody
    Welcome to the community! So sorry for what you have been through :( You won't be alone anymore as you have joined Scope's amazing online community! Please don't apologise for expressing how you feel, it's good to let it out :) Please don't hesitate to let us know if there is anything we can do for you :)
    Thank you so much Ami for the welcome. I really wish I'd found this website before. Still, better late than never! Have a great day xx
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @dody
    You're very welcome! Thank you and I hope you have a lovely day too! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @dody and a very warm welcome to the community! Thank you for taking the time to share this with us all. I hope you find the community supportive and please don't hesitate to get involved! Let me know if there is anything that we can do to help :)
    Scope

• dody
    Thanks Chloe. Wish I'd found scope before!

Brightness