Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Hi, my name is dody!
Hi, I'm a 64 year old woman with continuing physical disabilities following a ruptured cerebral aneurysm in 1970. Was also left with hydrocephalus following the same. Have now also developed arthritis of the spine, both feet (plus chronic plantar fasciitis of both feet) and arthritis of the shoulders. Other than that, I'm fine. As I've gotten older and lost both parents and my partner, I am feeling very alone with all this, despite trying to stay mobile and active when I can. I have two sisters who are very close with each other, not so much with me. Sorry, didn't mean to sound so sorry for myself. Considering the haemorrhage occurred when I was 16, I've been lucky to have survived and had a pretty good life everything considered. So many people are not so lucky.
- 48.1K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.8K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 133 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 608 Work and employment
- 509 Education
- 926 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 903 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.1K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 573 Chronic pain and pain management
- 631 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 681 Autism and neurodiversity
- 814 Mental health and wellbeing
- 282 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.