Hi, my name is W33lal! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is W33lal!

Options
W33lal
W33lal Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I have sclerotic arthritis fibromyalgia osteoporosis in my spine and osteoarthritis in my hips. I try to keep busy as when i am busy i dont feel the pain but its a different story when i stop. My family's struggles to understand my illnesses and i therefore feel like a fraud its in my mind but my conscious side knows it is not does anyone else feel like this and is there anything i can do to support my family to understand and cope with my problems i am on palliative care now as they cant do anymore to help me thankyou in advance  Alex xx

Comments

• pwbutt
    pwbutt Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Options
    Hi W33lal,, my name is Paul, I don't suffer the same illness as yourself but I can empathise with the way you feel. My father had Rheumatoid Arthritis and had a job as a driver but he used to say the only way to avoid pain with any form of Arthritis is, as you say keep busy, I hope your family comes to understand your situation quickly because I know that most people that suffer some kind of impairment  benefit more when they have an understanding family. All the best.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @W33lal and a very warm welcome to the community! Thank you for taking the time to share this with us all. Please have a look around and let me know if there is anything that I can do to help :)
    Scope

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @W33lal
    Welcome to the community!
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @W33lal
    I am so sorry to hear that you are struggling, it must be worrying to be on palliative care, it must feel really overwhelming, but I hope we can help support you here on the community.

If you want you could speak with one of our friendly helpline team over the phone You can reach them at 0808 800 3333.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness