needing help — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

needing help

pearson
pearson Community member Posts: 9 Listener
hello im new here  ive been in and out of hospital for the last 15 yr.had 17 operations that left me with severe pain .i have to wear morphine patches every day and take oxy due to the pain ,ive also been under counselors and psychologist on and of since the age of 8 im now 40.i was put on disability benefit ten yr ago  .a year ago my ex broke into my home beat me left me passed out covered in blood for police to find .he only got community service so i not been able to leave my home for over a yr .i had my pip face to face 3 week ago ..had to have it in my home .i've also missed lots of doctor and hospital appointments,due to not being able to go out . i got a letter back saying i don't qualify for pip . that left me in a right mess and started my self harming of again .im now worry how im ment to look after me and my son and pay bills 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,320 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I'm sorry to hear this! You have 28 days to request the Mandatory reconsideration (MR) i'd advise you to get some help with writing the letter of request.

What other benefits do you claim? Possibly ESA for yourself possibly?  If you rent your home then you should at least be receiving housing benefit and then definitely child benefit and child tax credits for your son?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • pearson
    i did i sent then ten yrs worth of hospital notes they wrote back yesterday saying there no good coz there no outcome from them .i don't understand my illness is on going . they said no again to me ive been told by hospital they cant do any more surgery it will make me worse best they can do is try control pain .ive asked them to get into with my surgeon and doctor but they didn't .it seems to be all about the face to face interview i had ,she told them i had no anxiety even tho i was crying through most of it .she mad me do they weird arm movement and bending i told her it was really hurting but she said i was able to do it fine .i feel like she was not listening to any thing i said i told them this but still they gone with what she reported 
  • pearson
    yes i also get ESA but they told me because i didn't qualify for pip they are going be cutting my money nearly in half
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    @pearson I really feel for you, these dispicable people just don't understand what your suffering I just cannot believe all the surgery etc and they could see you in pain and you get no help.

They should be ashamed of them self's how they sleep at night is beyond me.
    Try and keep strong I know it's hard but don't let them beat you.

Good luck and look after yourself the best you can.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• pearson
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,320 Disability Gamechanger
    Were you previously claiming PIP or DLA? Your ESA will only be affected by the PIP decision if you were claiming Severe disability premium (SDP) on top of the ESA, otherwise your ESA won't be affected.

If you've already asked for the MR then it's Tribunal next. They very rarely contact anyone for evidence. I really do advise you to get some expert help with the PIP appeal. Appearing in person at your Tribunal will give you the best chance of a decision in your favour. The chances of a decision in your favour drops drastically for paper based Tribunal decisions. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • portia1960
    portia1960 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    I have now come to the conclusion  that universal  credit does not serve a purpose  . My friend is in receipt  of pips,  and was moved on to universal credit , he has to have another operation  ASAP , And a MIR Scan,  his surgeon  said that he would fill out the medical forms for him , universal credit won't send the forms to his surgeon  , and they have declared  him fit for work , even though he has to have major surgery any day now and will be off for 6 months to a year because he will have to have intensive physiotherapy .
  • pearson
    It's so wrong what happened to helping people .for years at disability face to face I got top points my illness is worse since my last one now pip came says I'm fit for work .and your friend I really hope he is ok .anyone with a brain should no he's not well enough
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    @pearson I'm afraid the days are gone where people had respect and the brains to understand when people will never improve with their health.

The DWP are a classic case of we don't care as long as they are okay.

This has now become the norm of the world we now live in, as for UC that was implemented to cause as much grief to as many claimants as possible.

When will all this picking on the less fortune I really don't know if it truly ever will all the time the Conservatives have control of our lives and punishing us with repeated Brown Envolopes and assessments.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.