New spinal stenosis diagnosis and benefits — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

New spinal stenosis diagnosis and benefits

FIONADT
FIONADT Community member Posts: 17 Connected
i have finally got somewhere with my health problems in part was recently told i have spinal stenosis. in my neck  I'm finding  it hard to find a job. i'm wondering just what benefits i am entitled to though i would rather be working. the consultant who i saw said it was okay for me to be a carer  what planet is he on. I having double vision  and dizzy spells the wallpaper moves if i  turn my head in a certain way it like being on a ship when it's rough or a telephone line being blown about in the wind.  I have been waiting around 5/6 months of phyiso.,. though this will be very useless as i  do my utmost to walk and cycle  and keep my weight at  in check.

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @FIONADT and a warm welcome to the community! I am really sorry to hear what you are going through- it must be really tough. It may be worth looking at the Scope benefit calculator to see if you are entitled to any support. Hope you have a lovely day and please let me know if there is anything else that I can do to help :)
    Scope

• FIONADT
    hi Chloe thank you for your offer of help looking at some of the things i don't think I'm entitled to anything at the moment. just having some one to talk to is great. People look at me and think there is nothing wrong and that includes my sisters.  I was my mums cares for around 10 years  )i got no support what so ever and when i finally snapped i to put it bluntly was punished because there having to do there bit one is still not doing her fair share) My mother constantly  slipped of the bed onto the floor i'm around 7 stone she is 13 so i phoned  my  sister  for help from her husband and all i got was abuse. I did manage to get her up but it took ages i'm sure that  caused my condition to get worse.My mother would not accept that i could not help her up. I felt guilty at leaving her  i put up with alot i got banned form doing anything for her and eventually told to leave the house. They were only her carer for 6 -8 months and put her in the local cottage hospital. I was not told about this adn found out from some one in the stree.,All this stress has no doubt made things worse.
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @FIONADT
    Welcome to the community!
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,365 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Being entitled to any benefits will totally depend on your circumstances. Do you currently work? Do you live with a partner that works? Do you have dependent children? Any capital/savings? Further information is needed to be able to help you further.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • FIONADT
    i'm  unemployed doing an it course i have some savings but not a lot and i own my own flat no mortgage i'm single no children. i'm still quite fit because i walk a lot 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,365 Disability Gamechanger
    Claiming benefits and being a student is very complicated, for this reason i'd advise you to make an appointment with your local CAB. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.