Pip assessment report — Scope | Disability forum

Pip assessment report

PaulSalter Member Posts: 10 Connected
Hi. I have received a copy of PIP assessment and I think they've mixed me up with someone else or as I believe have told a multitude of untruths. Have I got to wait for the dwp decision before I can put in a complaint against the assessor or can I do it before I receive a decision? The desicion is obviously going against me from what the assessment report says. I was raised to be a kind and honest person. I never in a million years believed a professional person would blatantly lie. It's a conspiracy surely


  • wilko
    wilko Member Posts: 2,452 Disability Gamechanger
    Paul since you are in receipt of your report you have time to draft and redraft and amend your complaint letter so that it’s word perfect ready to send once you have received your award letter. You can of course phone DWP to ask about what the correct procedure is for a complaint of this nature. What is really needed is a persons or person to sue the a essor or company . But it’s having the proof as most acessments are one to one your word against theirs. But if they had or where given written evidence that supports your evidence against them this could and should be a different matter, they may say they never read it, it wasn’t a available in the file ect.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 29,703 Disability Gamechanger

    All complaints about HCPs should be made to the health assessment providers and not to DWP. DWP won't be interested in any lies told in the report.  You can make a complaint at anytime.

    Somewhere in that report will be boxes with dots or ticks, have you added up the points that were recommended, if any? If you haven't then use the PIP descriptors to add them. https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/Global/Migrated_Documents/adviceguide/pip-9-table-of-activities-descriptors-and-points.pdf

    Usually the decision maker goes with the report, it's rare to go against it. If a recommendation for an award hasn't been made or if it has and you're still not happy then you will have to wait for a decision to made before your next step, which of course is the Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) and you'll have 28 days from the date of the decision to do this.

  • Peasmold_01
    Peasmold_01 Member Posts: 144 Pioneering
    May I suggest the following, with one caveat. You ouobviously have the assessors report, did you request that before you received anything from the DWP regarding their decision? If you have the assessor's report, don't just look at the descriptors in in isolation, judge them against your known and medically accepted disabilities and medical conditions. Then go back through any letters or medical reports from hospital consultants or therapists. You can then approach your GP and if he is a amenable, ask him to write a letter detailing how your condition affects your day to day life, and the QUALITY of life. If you have not yet applied for the MR, I would keep your powder dry and wait until you receive the letter from the DWP, then present your evidence from letters and GP. If you then have to appeal, obtain your medical records for the last 2 years, and hold that in reserve for when you have to submit any new evidence prior to the Tribunal hearing. One other comment. Calling the assessor a liar or user of terminological inexactitudes will hinder any case or action you may wish to pursue against the assessor or the company. Mistaken, not fully aware of my position in respect of my various medical conditions, is more the approach I would recommend. Good luck. 


Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.