Caring for my husband as a disabled person — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Caring for my husband as a disabled person

Bustersmum
Bustersmum Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I have alzhymers arthritis and fibtomialgea and quite a few allergys but my main concern is my wounderfull hubby of 35 years who has terminal lung disease he's sick at the min and may need to go back into hospital I'm worred sick and feel lost, we have 5 children and 11 grandchildren and I have a couple of friends that are supportive so I have a good group of people around me but at night when I'm sat up in bed watching my lovely hubby sleep as best he can that's when I feel at my lowest but I just get on with it I do now understand when people say you can feel loanly in a croud hope you are all as well as posable take very good care of yourselves x

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Bustersmum, and a warm welcome to the community!

Thank you for sharing this with us- it certainly sounds as though you're dealing with a lot at the moment, and I'm so sorry to hear you're feeling low.

You mention you have some support from friends, but I wonder if you've contacted Carers UK before? They're a wonderful organisation who offer support and guidance to carers, and you can find their help and advice page here.

In the meantime, do get involved with the community and we'll advise where we can!
  • atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Hi @Bustersmum

A very warm welcome.

Sorry to learn of your difficult situation and glad to hear you have supportive family around you.

Could I please suggest that you might wish to contact Macmillan Cancer Support helpline on 0808 808 0000.  I am sure they may be able to support you, at this period. They are very much interested in supporting families in any way possible.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Please keep in touch.
  • louadd14
    louadd14 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi ,I too am a carer for my hubby ,he had a brain aneurysm just one year after we got married .i have ostio arthritis,rheumatoid arthritis,inflammatory arthritis and fibromyalgia.i know exactly how you feel .I don’t have any help ,I just seem to get on with it .I was advised by my gp to try and claim for P.I.P ,I had the F2F last Tuesday.I also suffer with depression due to stressing and worrying about money ,I pay for my husband to go to different groups .I know they’re only 1 hour break for me but it’s amazing how these groups help .
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @louadd14, and thanks for sharing this with us! Really glad to hear you've found things that work for you, and wishing you all the best with your PIP outcome.
  • louadd14
    louadd14 Community member Posts: 2 Listener

Brightness