Lost benefits changing to PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lost benefits changing to PIP

destressed
destressed Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited September 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi all i have been on disabled benefit endfinatly for a long time but when changed over to pip and accessed I have been turned down . Scoring 0 in everything
I have idiopathic interercranial hypertension which causes me to have debilitating headaches almost every day due to the pressure of the excess spinal fluid on my brain and if not debilitating still a headache ,bad short term  memory loss , dizziness , sore stiff neck and back , poor balance , blurred vision , bad fatigue , vomiting the list goes on  .. I have had to have a stent fitted in my brain due to a collapsed artery caused by the fluid pressure on my brain. 
I also have clinical depression which has gotten worse over the past few years due to my IIH problems  and and due to a RTA years back I have been left with a lot of problems in my lower legs and ankles . My right foot has a metal frame inside it which basically leaves me with very little movement in my ankle and plates in my lag also my  left ankle has screws and i have plates in my left leg I can't wear flat shoes because at time of having my foot reconstructed the frame was made for me to wear high shoes .
So now I can't stand on my bare feet ,get out off the bath  , have to come down stairs sideways again the list goes on 
And yet I scored 0 on everything

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @destressed
    Welcome to the community! Sorry to hear what has happened, have you considered appealing the decision?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • destressed
    I'm going to speak with citizens advice on Monday morning they told me over the phone not to worry that we will get it sorted  but I'm not convinced !
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Please let us know how you get on with CAB
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @destressed Pleased to meet you welcome.

Sorry what has happened. The CAB to reassure you will be supportive and give much needed help and advice.

Understand the anxiety and the stress. As you have been through a lot and the community is here to give you any necessary information.

My advice is to appeal as my friend @Ami2301 says.

Have a look at our PIP advice and information.  Look at the posts and comments from our community.

Please can I ask are you receiving any support and help with your medical conditions.?  Some thing to consider. Something CAB  could and might advise you on.

Also consider having a look around the forum for information and advice. That could be beneficial to your well being.  Even on line.

I know you sound negative and that is the right you have. Yet you can only go on. Try and be positive.  I can only offer sunshine down the line.

I myself have been through so many assessments last twenty years or more. Shocking, stunned by lots of the stories I read here every day. I hope and pray that you need to be strong and find the courage to ask for what you want.

I wish you well. Always here anytime to listen.

Pleasure to meet you.

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • destressed
    Thank you so much I'm so glad I came  across this forum . I will let you know  how I get on with CAB and yes I do have on going hospital appointments for my IIH and my Depression x
  • jane1973
    jane1973 Community member Posts: 175 Pioneering
    @destressed hope it goes well for you on Monday and the CAB ease your anxiety there’s loads of people on here to talk to if you need help xx
    Hugz to everyone xx
  • donski
    donski Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    If you can collect as much medical evidence as possible from your GP etc.. anyone you see medically.. get a prescription list if you are on medication and i am very sure Cab will help you with each of the daily living and mobility descriptors. Unfortunately with our  current government, they are just out to make cuts targeting the vulnerable instead of taxing the rich cooperations. Just so you know over 75% of appeals are overturned in favour of the claimant. So stay strong. 
  • destressed
    Thank you I will get as much info as I can and give a list of my meds I'm take 10 different tablets some of which I take 2 , 3 , and 4 of per day so on quite a few tablets plus eye drops .. think if you shook me I'd rattle lol 
    But thank you anyway for all your help xx

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.