ESA backpay — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA backpay

nickm701
nickm701 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
I have just had a letter today saying that i will get ESA back pay, they said it was issued on the 20th, (Thurs), does it take a few days? also, how will they pay it? cheque or into my account?

Thanks.

Comments

• mapchange
    mapchange Community member Posts: 7 Connected
    it takes a few days and it goes straight into the bank account.

Hope I helped you,
    mapchange.
  • lainey64
    lainey64 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    I'm left bewildered as to why I was sent a letter saying I might have been underpaid and left wondering and somewhat hoping I was.
    Why give us hope,only to tell us we're not entitled after all?
    I got my decision yesterday.
    Surely it would've been kinder and less hassle to investigate privately such cases before writing to the claimants?
    Less disappointment that way.
    I must say although I tried not to imagine I'd get a pay out,you can't help but hope.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,365 Disability Gamechanger
    lainey64 said:
    I'm left bewildered as to why I was sent a letter saying I might have been underpaid and left wondering and somewhat hoping I was.
    Why give us hope,only to tell us we're not entitled after all?
    I got my decision yesterday.
    Surely it would've been kinder and less hassle to investigate privately such cases before writing to the claimants?
    Less disappointment that way.
    I must say although I tried not to imagine I'd get a pay out,you can't help but hope.
    Hi,

It's totally impossible to assess someone without knowing all of their circumstances. The Income Related top ups on the CB benefits depends on circumstances. Household income from pensions, savings/capital, living with partner that works or claims other benefits. Unfortunately not everyone is owed money from this error.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • dragonaire
    dragonaire Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    I had my back pay issued  on Monday & its gone into my account today so yeah  2 days  & its in your bank account 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,836 Scope online community team
    Hello @dragonaire, glad to hear you've received your back pay! :)
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.