complete catalogue of lies — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

complete catalogue of lies

Options
BattlingNan
BattlingNan Community member Posts: 11 Connected
edited September 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have recently received my results from my assessment, I was awarded a total of 4 points.
the woman who assessed me me wrote a complete catalogue of lies. She said I could squat half way to the floor and stand back up unaided...I wasn’t asked to do that and wouldn’t have been able to if I had been asked. She states my spine is perfectly normal and straight, she didn’t examine my spine at all and I can produce X-rays to prove that it’s not true, she says I wasn’t distressed or anxious when in actual fact I broke down and became tearful and couldn’t speak, she actually stopped typing until I had calmed. My son was with me and was a witness to all this. She was told that my son does all the shopping and cooking etc...she states that I go shopping with him even though she was told I never go. it continues in a similar vein throughout. Oh and she also states that I get ESA...I don’t, she says I got DLA in the past, I am actually still on higher rate DLA, which will now stop on 2nd October if the decision isn’t overturned, which will in effect make me housebound.
i have requested a mandatory review and sent in a supporting letter from my doctor to prove what the woman has written is untrue and that I need a lot of support. I have also told them  I have also requested all my medical records including X-rays as proof which I will forward as soon as I have them. Now I await the outcome.

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
     Hi @BattlingNan
    Welcome to the community! So sorry to hear what has happened, unfortunately the majority of Scopes online community have had the same experience as yourself. Please keep us updated and we will help you anyway we can :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • BattlingNan
    Options
    Thank you Ami 2301,
    i will keep you updated. I certainly won’t be letting them get away with it. Surely it’s illegal  to write what you know to be untrue on an official document? Or are the DWP exempt from telling the truth!??
  • jane1973
    jane1973 Community member Posts: 175 Pioneering
    Options
    @BattlingNan good evening , sounds like you had an assessor like I got, most of my report was nothing like I had said it really upset me as it’s soul destroying that people can do that, I am taking mine to appeal, I also complained to capita about my assessor but the only thing they said was that she couldn’t remember if she had a cigarette in her car before coming to me because I said she smelt of smoke, we need to stand up for ourselves on this one xx
    Hugz to everyone xx
  • BattlingNan
    Options
    Hi Jane1973, I believe it was ATOS who assessed me and I will be complaining. 
    The woman who assessed me just lied virtually from beginning to end, luckily I can prove what she said is not true, I have X-rays etc and my doctor has written me a letter to support me. I also have a serious heart condition that makes breathing difficult and I get very very tired, the woman just dismissed as nothing. I have asked for the mandatory reconsideration so will wait for the outcome of that but from what I’ve read I’m not expecting good news in which case I will go to tribunal. I’m angry now and that will see me through.
    I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you. 
  • jane1973
    jane1973 Community member Posts: 175 Pioneering
    Options
    @BattlingNan thank you and i will for you x
    Hugz to everyone xx

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.