advice on appealing my mums pip decision — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

advice on appealing my mums pip decision

NatashaR74
NatashaR74 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited September 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I am looking for some help and advice on appealing my mums pip decision. She is 66 and has all her medical documentation plus she had a recent letter from her doctors outlying her disability. Need some pointers as to what I write in the appeal letter and how I should word it plus challenge some of what was wrote the n the decision letter as some of it was completely untrue 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @NatashaR74
    Welcome to the community! Many members of the community have gone through the appeal process and I'm sure they will be more than happy to help you and will be in contact with you soon! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @NatashaR74
    We have lots of information about appealing a DWP  decision here, you could also get in touch with the Citizens Advice Bureau or call our helpline on 0808 800 3333.

We also have some videos on appealing,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sOsiEFo-Ck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67tDSlsityY
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

You need to take a look at the PIP descriptors to see where she could score those points and write the MR request based on this. You need to state her reasons for thinking she should have scored those points and why.  No one can advise you what to write because no one knows how her conditions affect her.

Avoid any lies that may have been told in the report because DWP won't be interested in any of these, same for the Tribunal if she gets this far and most people do.

If you're still unsure what to do then i'd advise you get further help with this from her local welfare rights or other disability advice centre near her.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.