advice on appealing my mums pip decision — Scope | Disability forum

advice on appealing my mums pip decision

NatashaR74 Member Posts: 2 Listener
edited September 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I am looking for some help and advice on appealing my mums pip decision. She is 66 and has all her medical documentation plus she had a recent letter from her doctors outlying her disability. Need some pointers as to what I write in the appeal letter and how I should word it plus challenge some of what was wrote the n the decision letter as some of it was completely untrue 


  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Member, Community Co-Production Group Posts: 7,945 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @NatashaR74
    Welcome to the community! Many members of the community have gone through the appeal process and I'm sure they will be more than happy to help you and will be in contact with you soon! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,674 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @NatashaR74
    We have lots of information about appealing a DWP  decision here, you could also get in touch with the Citizens Advice Bureau or call our helpline on 0808 800 3333.

    We also have some videos on appealing,

    Senior online community officer
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 29,881 Disability Gamechanger

    You need to take a look at the PIP descriptors to see where she could score those points and write the MR request based on this. You need to state her reasons for thinking she should have scored those points and why.  No one can advise you what to write because no one knows how her conditions affect her.

    Avoid any lies that may have been told in the report because DWP won't be interested in any of these, same for the Tribunal if she gets this far and most people do.

    If you're still unsure what to do then i'd advise you get further help with this from her local welfare rights or other disability advice centre near her.


Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.