ESA Contribution Based Second Condition. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA Contribution Based Second Condition.

Options
Halim
Halim Community member Posts: 16 Listener
Hi all, 

I am new to all of this, and I am currently in the process of applying for ESA. 
I would like clarification/insight in to a few issues. 

Firstly, the contribution ESA.
I have contributed enough national insurance in the last two years to be able to qualify. But it is the second contribution condition that I'm finding tricky to understand...
  • Second contribution condition - in both of the last two complete tax years, you must have paid or been credited with, Class 1 or 2 contributions to the value of 50 times the lower earnings limit.
I'm unsure if I meet this condition. I received a pay off/ill health redundancy from work in Sep 2017, and paid almost £300 in NI in the mentioned tax year (2017/2018). I had been on long term sick prior to this date. With my last date of no SSP in January 2017. I have not claimed income support or any other benefits between September 2017 and now. Does this mean that I won't have received class 1 or 2 contributions for the last tax year (2017/18), despite paying a large lump sum of NI? And therefore not meet the second contribution condition. 

I think I am ultimately asking if I will have provided enough contribution in the 2017/18 tax year or will there be a gap in contributions? 

Thanks in advance. 

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.