How much is esa while dla. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How much is esa while dla.

Peetweet
Peetweet Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I've been on dla since 2003  And recently been told I can claim esa from Dec 2013 till now Sept 2018.. I was just wondering how much back pay I would get.. The guy on the phone said I am owed it.. 

Looking forward to your reply. 
Pete

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    DLA has nothing to do with ESA and you can't backdate a claim for this length of time if you're not already claiming it.

Do you claim ESA now, if so what group are you in and what DLA award do you have? Sorry but more information is needed to be able to help you because it's not clear what exactly it is you're asking.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Peetweet
    Peetweet Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    I'm on higher rate mobility . Middle rate care component . The letter says.. WE NEED TO DECIDE IF YOUR ELIGIBLE FOR ESA.  FROM DEC 2013 AND NOW.. AND SATISFIED THE CRITERIA . I then had a phone interview and the guy said I would get back pay for that period... 
     But I think its for to good to be true. I'll let you know what I get lol...
    Thanks for the quick reply  
    Peetweet

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.