Face to face assessments, how long for decision? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Face to face assessments, how long for decision?

Options
matthewwilliams1173
matthewwilliams1173 Community member Posts: 20 Listener
edited September 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Today I attended my face to face assessment I was in there 1 hour 30 mins which seemed a lot to me. Anyone have any idea how long it takes for capita to send the report to DWP for the decision makers to make a decision 

thanks 

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    About about four to six weeks sometimes longer but you can request a copy of your acessment report about a week after your acessment which takes about 24 days to arrive once requested. On receiving you will be able to work out what your award may or should be by looking at the points awarded, but you still have to wait for the official award letter.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @matthewwilliams1173, the wait time can vary but from what others have said it can take around eight weeks. Fingers crossed for the outcome you're hoping for!
  • matthewwilliams1173
    matthewwilliams1173 Community member Posts: 20 Listener
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Hi @matthewwilliams1173, the wait time can vary but from what others have said it can take around eight weeks. Fingers crossed for the outcome you're hoping for!

I was told told by the case managers after I’ve had an assessment to ring up after a week and they will hiurry it up due to the health implications the whole process is having on me.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.