pip assessment at home - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

pip assessment at home

2»

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Sometimes it can yes but it shouldn't. Some say it didn't go against them and some say it did, mine didn't. They shouldn't expect you to do anything that causes you pain and discomfort.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • PIPnewbie
    PIPnewbie Community member Posts: 298 Pioneering
    Sometimes it can yes but it shouldn't. Some say it didn't go against them and some say it did, mine didn't. They shouldn't expect you to do anything that causes you pain and discomfort.

You didn't perform the exercises?

Thanks for the reply.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    No i didn't on both of my PIP assessments because i couldn't.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2018
    A politicians answer!
    But the difficulty is convincing the assessor that it genuinely would cause pain and discomfort instead of them believing that you are trying to pull a fast one.
    One of my reports said that I refused to co-operate with the physical assessment. No mention of what I said about the pain - she just left it hanging in the air which could also be said to mean that I simply refused for no good reason.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.